Disco Elysium is the Game of the Year

A Cop

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You're a cop. You got so drunk the last three nights, you don't remember your name, the case you're on, or even how to think straight. You need to get your shyt together. If only you had some kind of "Volumetric shyt Compressor." Your partner, a sober cop from another precinct, is here to help you solve a murder. The city is on the brink of mass violence because the dockworkers' union is on strike and the capitalists have sent heavily armored mercenaries to protect their interests.

And then different parts of your mind start talking to you. And each other.

What kind of cop are you?

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just copped. It's my first game on Steam too. Sounds like a great game based on the reviews I've read. Almost copped Kentucky Route Zero instead but this felt more up my alley

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I played this, but really couldn't get into it. it's very text heavy, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's just full of overly-verbose nonsensical pretentious hipster crap.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Haven't been able to find time to play it but I have watched a few interviews with the creator on YouTube. The author is a novelist who got into the videogame industry to feel less pretentious lol. He is full of personality and so I am looking forward to eventually playing the game when I have more time.

Not used to using keyboard/mouse set up at all (Haven't played computer video games since Fifa/Triple Play 1998 lol) so I might just figure out a way to make it work with my PS controller somehow

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Haven't been able to find time to play it but I have watched a few interviews with the creator on YouTube. The author is a novelist who got into the videogame industry to feel less pretentious lol. He is full of personality and so I am looking forward to eventually playing the game when I have more time.

Not used to using keyboard/mouse set up at all (Haven't played computer video games since Fifa/Triple Play 1998 lol) so I might just figure out a way to make it work with my PS controller somehow

It’s going to be released on console supposedly this year but I have a hunch it might be next year.