• Mixture of both.

Votes: 17 48.6%

• Total voters

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I have never been so torn on such an ultimately insignificant issue.

:sadcam:

I'm jumping into the realm of 4K. Scouting out TVs, surround sound systems, etc.

The one issue I cant seem to nail down is purchasing 4K discs (UHDs) vs purchasing the digital versions.

This is how I breakdown the choice:

4K Disc Pros - unparalleled video quality, physical copy so no concern for internet or video service being down, discs typically come with a digital code anyway

4K Discs Cons - shyt takes up space, have to get up to change movies

4K Digital Pros - Instant access, takes up no physical space, can watch on multiple devices

4K Digital Cons - Big ass downloads ( coupled with internet data caps), subpar image quality (but will I even notice?), internet outages, less tangible "ownership" (if the video service that I purchase from goes out of business what happens to my copy?)

Last gen (Blu-ray, 1080p) I went full digital for movies.

I'm actually considering going full digital but not buying, instead only renting when I want to watch a film as I rarely watch a movie more than a couple of times.
:yeshrug:
What are y'all brehs thoughts?

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Most physical media is essentially worthless with the certainty that your future devices will no longer support them.

This debate is over. Digital has won.

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
I would never purchase a digital copy of anything. I'll rent, because I think of the same thing. What happens if that company goes out of business. In reality though, these big media companies are never going anywhere. If I'm going to own something then I would rather have a physical copy. I just like holding it. That's even with books. I have a kindle, but I mainly buy cheap novels on it. For books I really want, I get the physical copy. Music is the only thing where I strongly prefer digital, and lately, if I want to have a physical copy, I go retro and get vinyl.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I got boxes of dvd's in my attic. looking back, it was a waste buying all those movies. sure, it's cool owning some favorites. and it was kinda impressive when I had a big rack of movies on display. but for most of them it's like "do I really need to own this because maybe I'll want to watch it again in 3 years?" :ld:

...and yeah, now my 'collection' sits in a box and I really don't care. honestly a few times I rented shyt that I own cause I'm too lazy to dig it out :yeshrug:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
I was team physical only but that recent big psn sale was too good to pass up so now I have a mixture of digital.

Price wins in the end when it comes to games for me, but for movies I would buy physical only. That low quality branded as 4k is a no no plus physicals get you multiple copies anyway