Director Of “Aloha” Apologizes For Whitewashing Asian Role With Emma Stone

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
How are you going to apologize after the shyt was written, cast and filmed? :laff:

:russ: :leon: @ the Emma Stone hate though... I think she's fine as hell :yeshrug:

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Neogaf already had exstensive coverage about that very phrase....

3In8dh5.jpg

:mjpls:
:mjpls:

:damn:

:laff:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
150603120208-emma-stone-aloha-restricted-exlarge-169.jpg

Is Hollywood starting to recognize how egregious its whitewashing casting choices are? Cameron Crowe’s return to directing, “Aloha,” was not only a box office disappointment over its opening weekend, but enfuriated tons of fans who didn’t understand why a movie set in Hawaii featured virtually NO Pacific Islanders, but the only partially Asian character in the film was cast as a fully-white woman. Via CNN:

They keep justifying this white washing by saying no one will watch movies with a black/asian/minority lead actor, yet when they whitewash them, the movies tank anyway.

And let's be real here, if you're making a movie that's set in Hawaii and called Aloha, you could at least think to have a more diverse casting. I mean the population is like 50% Asian there, but obviously that's not represented in the film. White Hollywood strikes again.

"bu bu bu bu bu it's just entertainment! If i want accuracy i watch the history channel!" - typical cac/anglo-saxon c00n

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Notice how they're suddenly "apologetic" about the situation after the movie proves to be a box office disappointment. :mjpls:

Emma Stone as an Eurasian woman? :mjlol:

Hollywood whitewashed Prince of Persia. It flopped.

Hollywood whitewashed Dragon Ball Evolution. It flopped.

Hollywood whitewashed The Last Airbender. It flopped.

Hollywood whitewashed Cloud Atlas. It flopped.

Hollywood whitewashed Exdous: Gods of Egypt . It flopped.

The 2014 tv show Hieroglyph had a whitewashed cast. It didn't even get to premiere before being cancelled.

Hollywood whitewashed Aloha. It flopped.

Get the message: white people are not guaranteed money makers.

Stop pretending that white washing ethnic characters is the only way to attract audiences to the films they are in. Not everyone needs to a prominent white character onscreen in order to feel "safe" watching something.
@Numero Deux, thank you for puttin the CaCsuKKKas Whitewashing Flops on that Summer Jam Screen:myman:

...WE NEGUS (in all shades) Finally AWAKEnin to their Tricknology WhiteHogWash:pacspit:

And, the Devils only apologized cuz the shyt:trash: went rock bottom like Lava:troll:

Last edited: