Digital Devolver turning down Gamepass/PS Plus deals, say offers are getting lower as subscriptions stagnate

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
How is that me making them an enemy. You goofys deal with emotions. I deal in facts.

Did you see how investors reacted to their choice to turn down gamepass.

You think they are xbox stan’s :usure:

Anyone that opposes the great M$ becomes your enemy. Thats why you keep bringing up Callisto Protocol on a weekly basis :dead:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Anyone that opposes the great M$ becomes your enemy. Thats why you keep bringing up Callisto Protocol on a weekly basis :dead:
More projection from you.

You stan any company that says anything bad about microsft. Hence this thread and 99% of the other threads you make.

Emotional, low information, zero integrity. Characteristics of a sony stan :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
More projection from you.

You stan any company that says anything bad about microsft. Hence this thread and 99% of the other threads you make.

Emotional, low information, zero integrity. Characteristics of a sony stan :wow:

Breh, stop it. You’ve had it out for that game ever since you found out they rejected a gamepass deal. You been on some “enemies of Phil” ever since :mjlol:

It had sony marketing which is why they were able to fly people out to serenade them into higher scores.

Without the Playstation affiliation places like KF don’t even review the game.

\

Sony validated Callisto as a $70 game, when it should have been much cheaper and/or on something like gamepass.
Sony signs marketing deals and turns indies like Callisto into $70 games.
Those are legit $70 games.

Are you calling what Callisto had to offer anywhere near worthy of what those games do??

It had much more content than Callisto and has had much more content added for free since release. Callisto is already talking about charging money for animations:stopitslime:

No. The decision to sign with sony or microsoft would have happened early on. They have to know how they are gonna monetize their game.

They were working with sony from very early on.

“It didn’t make sense” for their game because they had a path to a $70 launch with sony.

They did have marketing for the game. Their marketing deals tend to be a bit less shrewd. Devs are still allowed to acknowledge other platform. Sony deals are notoriously restrictive. Devs are forced to pretend their game doesn’t even exist on other platforms. For example Microsoft basically had to shadow drop their own game, deathloop, cause the sony deal made it so they weren’t even allowed to talk about their own game. Microsoft’s marketing deals don’t quite work like that.

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
Their game sales were ass. Therefore the gamepass deals were probably the better choice. And a fair value.

I see both sides of it, Devolver doesn't exactly make games you would pay a subscription for. I don't think I've ever seen shadow warrior or Hotline Miami at full price once in my life. It's like those games were released on sale.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
I see both sides of it, Devolver doesn't exactly make games you would pay a subscription for. I don't think I've ever seen shadow warrior or Hotline Miami at full price once in my life. It's like those games were released on sale.
Every dev gotta monetize their games the way they see fit.

Devolver miscalculated somewhere.

Sony stan’s trying to use their statement as an indictment on gamepass, when in reality it’s the opposite.

They chose to turn down up front money because they thought their games were worth more. The market told them they were wrong.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land