Diddy said this is the Mt. Rushmore of Hip Hop. We agree or nah?

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
REAL MOUNT RUSHMORE OF RAP DONT @ OR QUOTE ME

Jay
GFK
Rocky
Nas
Drake
Big
Prodigy

Not sure if you get the concept of a “mt Rushmore of such and such” but the main point is that it’s boiled down to 4 people to represent a set of ideas, or a culture etc. :mjlol: at ASAP Rocky or Drake being on that list tho. I don’t think Ghost deserves to be on there by himself either if you were going to pick anyone from Wu you would just have to put a Wu symbol up there

Tommy Gibbs

Superstar
Daps
Of course we don’t agree. The Mount Rushmore of rap would have to include Big and Pac just for how iconic they are. But the other two spots are up for debate, cause it’s a lot of candidates. Big and Pac should be there because they are sort of bigger than hip hop and are immortalized. I’m sure some of the older heads would probably say KRS, Kane, Kool Herc etc.. has to be on there, but I didn’t grow up in that hip hop era. List are going to vary depending on the era you came up in
a list shoulnd't vary according to what you grew up in. I didn't grow up in the 60s and 70s so am I supposed to say Larry Bird or Tim Duncan are better than Russell and Jabbar? I never saw Hank Armstrong live, am I supposed to say SRL is better? sometimes we gotta put bias aside and use some common sense. Canibus is one of my favorite mcs of all time but he shouldnt crack anyone's top 10 list of all time great mcs. And neither should biggie or Pac. Hip hop is the only genre of music I've seen artist get rated off potential they had and what else they were gonna do. Thank God Nas didn't die after Illmatic.