Did you live thru the wired controller age?

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist šŸ˜²)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Not paying attention to the cord while running to take 'The Big Piss' and getting this..

Checkpoints, saves & in game pauses saved our bladders :blessed:

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
I cracked a fukkin nes controller upside my childhood friends head cause he was talking shyt while we were playing GAUNTLET out of all games.

I snatched my game back from inside the nes and swung that controller at him like a whip :laff:

I remember him falling to the ground holding his head as I walked out the door and went home.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Still using wired because of wireless latency is still a thing.
GTFOH that is not an issue. Are you playing for life and death? Even streaming on gamepass it's been proven to be indistinguishable from 1:1 with a great connection.
TV's were smaller so you sat closer. The cord wasn't an issue.
Because you was a kid, my mother was always on some don't sit too close because it'll ruin your eye sight. And I never had to move furniture back because a TV got too big so I don't subscribe to this theory
"through"
I just prefer to write thru but if I'm trying to write properly I'll use the man's vocab. Ya fashigadale me?
I cracked a fukkin nes controller upside my childhood friends head cause he was talking shyt while we were playing GAUNTLET out of all games.

I snatched my game back from inside the nes and swung that controller at him like a whip :laff:

I remember him falling to the ground holding his head as I walked out the door and went home.
My best friend and I at the time would bash the corner of a genesis controller on each other's knees if either of us was getting blown out in Madden/Bill Walsh. It was playful but it was a thing for a good year :lolbron:

mcellas

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I bought a PS4 this year, My last system was a PS2 That was all I knew before the pandemic.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
I just prefer to write thru but if I'm trying to write properly I'll use the man's vocab. Ya fashigadale me?

I apologize, I misspelled your misspelling. :pachaha:

In the real world, pc users often use wired controllers to avoid input lag. It's still the "the wired controller age". :jawalrus:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
I apologize, I misspelled your misspelling. :pachaha:

In the real world, pc users often use wired controllers to avoid input lag. It's still the "the wired controller age". :jawalrus:
I hear people say that but is it really that bad? I honestly think it's just something that became popular on the internet. Somebody always says "A tournament level fighter would notice" like if that really factors? I've been gaming all of my life, I never felt like I didn't have enough control over my characters.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
GTFOH that is not an issue. Are you playing for life and death? Even streaming on gamepass it's been proven to be indistinguishable from 1:1 with a great connection.

Because you was a kid, my mother was always on some don't sit too close because it'll ruin your eye sight. And I never had to move furniture back because a TV got too big so I don't subscribe to this theory

My best friend and I at the time would bash the corner of a genesis controller on each other's knees if either of us was getting blown out in Madden/Bill Walsh. It was playful but it was a thing for a good year :lolbron:
6rVNjSU.png

:yeshrug:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
And unless you're an alien, then you're not seeing differences in milliseconds like that. You be playing games and going ":stop: This game feels like it's 2 milliseconds off"

When shyts off it's noticeable but wireless controllers been straight since back back in the day. I had one for the snes. Lag wasn't an issue, just battery life :francis:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
What is this chart?

Seems you get more lag with a dualshock 4 playing wired rather than wireless, and the X1 controller has no change in lag regardless of input method according to this chart.

Am I reading this wrong?

:patrice:

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
In hindsight, it was amazing how sturdy those 90s consoles were. My SNES, Genesis, and N64 kissed the floor countless times from tangled mishaps and never missed a beat.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
My first console was a NES so yes