Did you have a back to school ritual as a kid?

Did you have a back to school ritual?

• Yes, of course!

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No, my mom more or less sorted it out.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • My mom did most things,I had some responsibilities

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
These Internet Streetz
american here. all i did was set clothes and shoes out the night before for that first day fit

no wrapping of books. in grade school, the books were only given to us in class on the first day of school. in high school we did get the books in advance but if they were new they were wrapped in plastic. if they were used, you just didnt care what happened to them since they were probably already dog-eared

knew nothing about parasites, but maybe i should have, LOL

Daps
Get new clothes and supplies and possibly a hairstyle.
orientatioN and registration.
Then in high school we always did volleyball training in the summer so I was pretty much used to going on campus by the time school started back

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Everybody, it seems, went school shopping the weekend before school started. So we'd see our schoolmates downtown with their parents.
On the first day of school, our Mom and the other moms had us with freshly Vaselined faces. That part I remember.

@Caca-faat, what you wrote made me think of the Shabba video

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
The higher that stack of brown paper bags got in the kitchen, the closer you knew you were.
Uniforms were an inevitability because you'd spent 2-3 months doing everything imaginable out under the sun and rain, so growth spurts you can't avoid even if you tried.
When you got the word that "book lists come out xyz date"...you knew.
"Go out and pick such-and-such bush so I can make the tea"...you're making that exact face @Tair posted.

Funny you used the word "ritual" because it could evoke a sort of PTSD for a lot of people, but on the other hand it was gearing us all up for work life in a way. Which is a sad kind of observation in itself.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Sleep earlier.
Stop watching so much TV.
Eat hardier until the end of summer, usually have a BBQ.

Now I just exercise, fast and clean my space, make sure I have all my books and stick to a regimen.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
american here. all i did was set clothes and shoes out the night before for that first day fit

no wrapping of books. in grade school, the books were only given to us in class on the first day of school. in high school we did get the books in advance but if they were new they were wrapped in plastic. if they were used, you just didnt care what happened to them since they were probably already dog-eared

knew nothing about parasites, but maybe i should have, LOL
We used to get a booklist every year before term. They were wrapped for preservation to pass down to siblings or sold to the school I believe so that other students could rent them from the school.

Daps
My school ritual

- Start going like :sadcam: when you start hearing those ticking bugs outside in August (NYC cats know what I'm talking about) cuz you know it's almost that time
- Get uniform and supplies
- Get a first day haircut

N that's about it :yeshrug:

Yeah sometimes, but most ppl just wrap them in whatever.

Used to use old magazines or newspapers...my ham-handed ass would always be scared to rip the corners :snoop:

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
Yh washout
Pure bitters and cod liver oil clean out the parasites
My children get a cleanse too although the don't eat a lot of junk food like I did growing up.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Any one from down south here? I feel like the southerners would have a different experience than those from New York and other “northern states”.

Caca-faat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Kgn 876
Yh washout
Pure bitters and cod liver oil clean out the parasites
My children get a cleanse too although the don't eat a lot of junk food like I did growing up.
You’re from the UK right? I feel like the UK experience would be similar to the Caribbean experience due to the nature of things.

RehReh

🖤GhettoEmpress🖤
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UK
You’re from the UK right? I feel like the UK experience would be similar to the Caribbean experience due to the nature of things.
Yeah I'm from London
This would be the time getting new uniform fitted and orderd
New shoes from Clarks
Hair appointment scheduled
Washout, probably been eating 5x more sugar throughout summer holidays than usual.
Fingernails trimmed.
Getting my winter season clothes/bedding ready etc.