Did you go through a ugly duckling phase?

The5thLetter

Meow
Supporter
Daps
I know lots of girls who say they used to be ugly, when really, they just used to have low confidence/self esteem and/or they just weren't well put together. (Hair, makeup, clothing)

Most people aren't ugly, they're average.

I don't ever remember me having one. lol

I know there are times when I look better than others mostly depending on how my hair is and how my skin looks. Glasses/noglasses makeup/nomakeup. Clothes. Stuff like that.

I don't think that's ugly though. Pretty average.

I'm still working on being put together everyday vs wearing jogging pants and jeans with my hair up. Some of it takes too much time. Especially my hair.

This is what I'm wating on :mjcry:
How old were you when that happened? Did you take birth control? Gain weight? Eat more? Weight lift?
I'm 28 now so abt 26 smh mad late. I've been on BC for abt a decade but when I switched to the nuvaring I started filling out more. And I think the rest is due to weight gain. I wasn't gonna be 5'9 and 130 forever lol. My metabolism is tryna peace out so I'm maintaining the womanly curves it gave me finally lol
How old r u?

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
I'm still ugly but I just have really low self esteem right now, idk wtf it is, I'm already trying to schedule three plastic surgery. The self hate is too real.

Giselle

Daps
I'm 28 now so abt 26 smh mad late. I've been on BC for abt a decade but when I switched to the nuvaring I started filling out more. And I think the rest is due to weight gain. I wasn't gonna be 5'9 and 130 forever lol. My metabolism is tryna peace out so I'm maintaining the womanly curves it gave me finally lol
How old r u?

28?
Wow You look much younger. Like my age.
I'm still ugly but I just have really low self esteem right now, idk wtf it is, I'm already trying to schedule three plastic surgery. The self hate is too real.
You're not ugly.

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:beli: id kill to look half as pretty as you

Daps
My glo up happened after college.

Same here:snoop:

...... they just weren't well put together. (Hair, makeup, clothing)

This was me :snoop: I finally figured out how to dress for my body shape/personal style like a year ago. Before then I'd waste a TON of money on stuff just because it was trendy and it fit. I think a lot of it had to do with me being really overweight up until like 4 years ago... and back then there weren't a lot of fashionable options clothing-wise so I just got used to dressing like a schlub. I was happy that I could finally wear clothes that fit, and would just buy anything without being particularly thoughtful about it.

Princess Coco

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Gotta head to the gym someday. You're not ugly facial wise so slimming down could bump you to an 7-8 overall.
Ive been working out. Progress is just extra slow. You really think I have potential to be a 8?:lupe: You're so kind :smile:

Black Barbie

AADOS Queen of the Appalachian
Daps
Reppin
I used to think I was ugly. I had a mini glow up in hs, but now I think I'm pretty average tbh.

Tim Dripcan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
middle school and high school years were my "ugly duckling" years. started to change after my senior year of high school.

I added a little bit of muscles and grew some facial hair. :ehh: