Did white people also hi-jack the term "word" from blacks??

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
:heh: you a cac?

and what do u mean by ur post :usure:

My point is white people have been saying word since the 70s. Also whites take things from blacks all the time.... well in a lot of cases blacks throw it away.

Examples but not limited to: Jazz, The Blues, Rock and Roll, Skateboarding, Country, R&B, and Hip Hop in a few years.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
My point is white people have been saying word since the 70s. Also whites take things from blacks all the time.... well in a lot of cases blacks throw it away.

Examples but not limited to: Jazz, The Blues, Rock and Roll, Skateboarding, Country, R&B, and Hip Hop in a few years.

i was born in 87

didnt hang with white people until 2009

how da fukk would i know? :aicmon:

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps

explain :ohhh:

Daps
looking around it seems like blacks are copying all things white nowadays from the skater scene to the nerdy scene to almost everything

This us true :sadbron:

I blame the South. They took over and pushed that ignant/simplistic music too far plus their 5x white tees and shyt....fukked up the game.

Now niccas is fist pumping in the clubs and shyt :snoop:

Melt_Man

The Power to MELT!
Daps
Mr. Garrison: Chef, what did you do when white people stole your culture?
Chef: Oh, well, we black people just always tried to stay out in front of them.
Mr. Slave: How did you do that?
Chef: Well, like with our slang. Black people always used to say, "I'm in the house" instead of "I'm here." But then white people all started to say "in the house" so we switched it to "in the hizzouse." Hizzouse became hizzizzouse, and then white folk started saying that, and we had to change it to hizzie, then "in the hizzle" which we had to change to "hizzle fo shizzle," and now, because white people say "hizzle fo shizzle," we have to say "flippity floppity floop."

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
i was born in 87

didnt hang with white people until 2009

how da fukk would i know? :aicmon:
1987. Man, I am old.

'Word', 'word out', 'word up', and 'word to your mother' are slang terms all created by black Americans, and later taken by non-black Americans to show that they are "closer to the curb". Blame the media. Blame Vanilla Ice.

MBwithadream

All Star
Bushed
Daps
6.jpg

vanilla-ice-shows-jedward-support-3.jpg