Did Wayans Bros Lowkey Jack Martin Sitcom?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The cult episode might be a bite. But thats just the game. ALL those 70s/80s/90s sitcoms used the exact same ideas on the regular.

Fresh Prince and Steve Harvey did a jail episode.
People getting hypnotized
Every black family show had to do a gang episode in the 90s

etc etc
i been on an old sitcom kick... downloading sanford and son, jeffersons, what's happening, good times

all these shows copy shyt.. i can tell you a couple episodes martin straight up copied... the whole dynamic of the main male star going to war with the funny female cast member with the insults happened on at least 3 of them.. the jail eps... the going to vegas/cali eps... the "i'm gonna be on tv" eps... shyt what's happening had a episode where roger writes a story, thinks a network steals it, then the network explains that they just keep reusing the same shyts over and over again.. it was like they was just subs at the other shows and shyt

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
thought about this a while ago....but too many Wayans eps had Martin plots in em it seemed...

The Jail Eps

The Cult Eps

The Apartment Robbery Eps

BuckWhite and White Mike

anigif_enhanced-30289-1395946583-4.gif

not takin away from how much i love the Wayans Bros....but they was jackin....:martin:

Every sitcom black & white has had a jail, robbery, & cult episode. Martin & Wayans Bros were nothing alike and both were hilarious.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
From what I recall some of the writers associated with the Wayans Brothers had a history of stealing material. They got sued for stealing jokes back in 2011 and on a recent podcast Joe Rogan called out some of the writers from "In Living Color" for showing up at the comedy store back in the day and stealing jokes to turn into skits. It got so bad that some of the writers from the show were banned from the comedy store.

Think about just how much of the Wayans Brother's comedy is based on spoofing and parodies. Even that new show by Marlon that's supposed to debut on Netflix is just a twist on Groundhog day.