Did the NBA fall off? Opening Day tonight yet there's almost zero buzz

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
Am I out of touch or has there been very little hype for this upcoming season? I don't know if it's because of the very forgettable Finals last June, a weak draft class, Boston being overwhelming favorites or it's simply been overshadowed by NFL season, Caitlin Clark mania and the Dodgers/Yankees World Series run but never seen this little anticipation for NBA season since the mid 00s.

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
I'm excited but the NFL is king in this country and always takes up most of the TV coverage. Shyt, even the MLB playoffs will be buried under NFL news. You gotta seek it out and create your own hype for basketball in October/November, you not really going to see it all over the TV.

Adebisi_Said

Truth is Power
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Am I out of touch or has there been very little hype for this upcoming season? I don't know if it's because of the very forgettable Finals last June, a weak draft class, Boston being overwhelming favorites or it's simply been overshadowed by NFL season, Caitlin Clark mania and the Dodgers/Yankees World Series run but never seen this little anticipation for NBA season since the mid 00s.

Can't go wrong with a Celtics/Knicks opener. But I'm a Celtics fan, though.

Plus it's RIng night!!

cartierhoe

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
South Florida
I'm excited but the NFL is king in this country and always takes up most of the TV coverage. Shyt, even the MLB playoffs will be buried under NFL news. You gotta seek it out and create your own hype for basketball in October/November, you not really going to see it all over the TV.
This, for the fall months everything else is in the background of the NFL. Doesn't help that the early days of the regular season are now watered down due to guys being out, teams finding themselves out, etc. Hype won't pick up til end of the year/early 2025 when football is in its final few weeks/month. I'll be keeping up though, but I can't lie the buzz does seem to be a bit down.

Soldier

not redeemed with gold but with His Blood
Daps
Knicks/Cactics and Timberwolves/Lakers are both great opening night doubleheaders. I will watch both games tonight for sure. A rejuvenated and contending Knicks team against the (unfortunately)defending champs Boston Celtics. Naz Reid, Ant,Randle against Bron, AD and Austin Reaves

My beloved Raptors will also open their own season at home tomorrow night against the bum ass Cavs.
There’s no serious and strong competition- no live NFL regular season or MLB playoff games tonight so I expect very good ratings for the NBA.

(There are 16 NHL regular season games tonight but I don’t believe early regular season hockey games will overshadow two star-studded marquee matchups on the NBA’s opening night. Let’s be realistic here)

Last edited: