Did some squats last week...now my lower spine region is stiff & sore

nalej

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Seatown
This happens to me often after a squat. You probably have a pinched nerve in your spine. It's due to the weakest part of your body having to take the most pressure (in this case your lower back). Go to a good chiropractor for an adjustment and you'll feel a million times better. Your insurance will most likely cover this. I get adjusted about once a month even when I don't hurt too much just to feel better.

And then next time squat less weight or use other leg exercises.

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I normally squat every other week. Took a week off from lifting altogether. Came back doing my normal monday lower body workouts (squats, lunges, etc). Felt the tightness in the lower back a couple of days later. Nothing major, just a little nagging. Toned down the workouts that week by going mainly cardio.

Came back this week...worked out (cardio) Monday, everything went fine. Worked out today...cardio...now I can't stand up straight without cussin.

all i know is this, i never do more than 8 rep squats due to the pressure and weight

if you dont properly stretch good, you put alot of tension on the lower back with heavier weights if you lack hip flexibility

imo, just take a 1-2 week break and deload 20% with an emphasis on stretching prior to lifting + readdressing your form

Schmoove

All Star
Daps
Update

After a good night's rest, it feels much better. Still having to walk lightly...but I can walk without slumping over. Yesterday, I couldn't stand up straight or bend back. Today I've got a lot more range of motion.

This tells me the problem wasn't a nerve or disk issue. More than likely a pulled lower back muscle.

Uncle Trill

Hendrix 3:16
Daps
Im going through this now but probably worse than threadstarter, its been about a month and it still hurts everytime I sit down. Injured myself squatting 350lbs. I cant go to the doctors because im not registered anywhere and the paperwork to join is :noah: but I may have to just do it.

Anyways im not squatting or deadlifting until the end of the year hopefully whatever i've done to myself would have healed by then.

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
This happens to me often after a squat. You probably have a pinched nerve in your spine. It's due to the weakest part of your body having to take the most pressure (in this case your lower back). Go to a good chiropractor for an adjustment and you'll feel a million times better. Your insurance will most likely cover this. I get adjusted about once a month even when I don't hurt too much just to feel better.

And then next time squat less weight or use other leg exercises.
Im 32 and probably gonna get my first adjustment due to a pinched nerve. How much is it and do u feel better instantly?