Did Marvel fukk up?

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
prefer they save all that recasting stuff for a reboot down the road. MCU is a single continous continiuity. makes it weird to see a new actors reference shyt another actor did. Especially when the new actor has an entire different approach then the previous one. Bruce banner talking about ed norton hulk stuff just breaks the immersion for me. especially knowing ruffalo would have handled things completely differently. ruffalo would have smashed betty because he's always angry. just causes more plot holes and breaks continuity.
plus marvel too corny with the humor to let a recast slide, they always gotta slide in jokes about it.

plus they have a huge roster, would rather they just give the spotlight to another character like @Luke Cage instead of recasting or doing a black pantherless black panther film.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
prefer they save all that recasting stuff for a reboot down the road. MCU is a single continous continiuity. makes it weird to see a new actors reference shyt another actor did. Especially when the new actor has an entire different approach then the previous one. Bruce banner talking about ed norton hulk stuff just breaks the immersion for me. especially knowing ruffalo would have handled things completely differently. ruffalo would have smashed betty because he's always angry. just causes more plot holes and breaks continuity.
plus marvel too corny with the humor to let a recast slide, they always gotta slide in jokes about it.

plus they have a huge roster, would rather they just give the spotlight to another character like @Luke Cage instead of recasting or doing a black pantherless black panther film.

You typed this garbage when they just recast William Hurt’s General Ross who has been in 5 Marvel movies with Harrison Ford :mjtf:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
all I know is shuri becoming the new panther is dumb. they are asking me to suspend too much belief that a 80lb woman is kicking ass like that.
proving my point that yall don't like recasting either,
You typed this garbage when they just recast William Hurt’s General Ross who has been in 5 Marvel movies with Harrison Ford :mjtf:
and this dude will be saying the same thing when that movie comes out and they don't like fords take either.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Not really. Because Marvel/Coogler/Nate Moore didn't and still don't want to re-cast T'Challa which is why they're doing that T'Challa Jr mess.

Hoping that it's a good enough compromise for the fans, but it's not.

And from what we've seen their goal even from the first Black Panther was to make a woman Black Panther because Black men being dominant in the MCU was never something they wanted. :mjpls:

Even from Black men who should have promoted it like Coogler. Which is bizarre because much of entertainment is about wish fulfillment.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
proving my point that yall don't like recasting either,

and this dude will be saying the same thing when that movie comes out and they don't like fords take either.

we all knew a recasting was coming, but shuri was not it IMO.

was hoping they'd get MBJ back in the mix or even give winston duke a chance. I mean he did challenge boseman in BP1.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Not really. Because Marvel/Coogler/Nate Moore didn't and still don't want to re-cast T'Challa which is why they're doing that T'Challa Jr mess.

Hoping that it's a good enough compromise for the fans, but it's not.

And from what we've seen their goal even from the first Black Panther was to make a woman Black Panther because Black men being dominant in the MCU was never something they wanted. :mjpls:

Even from Black men who should have promoted it like Coogler. Which is bizarre because much of entertainment is about wish fulfillment.
breh, what you're describing is recasting. and sorry to say it isn't 2008 anymore. When they recast they will look for an opportunity to change the gender or race of each character their doing it to. They literally recasted the entire og avengers lineup, hulk is a she now, cap is black, ironman is a black woman, black panther is a black woman, black widow is flat chested now,

Recasting sucks, none of you like it, you just unwilling to admit it for some reason.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a Disney property, Shuri BP was always their plan A regardless of whether chad lived or died and nobody can convince me otherwise.
breh, what you're describing is recasting. and sorry to say it isn't 2008 anymore. When they recast they will look for an opportunity to change the gender or race of each character their doing it to. They literally recasted the entire og avengers lineup, hulk is a she now, cap is black, ironman is a black woman, black panther is a black woman, black widow is flat chested now,

Recasting sucks, none of you like it, you just unwilling to admit it for some reason.
What you're describing aren't recasts, they're entire characters being replaced.

War machine going from Terrance Howard to Cheadle is a recast. Hulk going from the first guy to Ruffalo was a recast. And nobody gave a fukk.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This is a Disney property, Shuri BP was always their plan A regardless of whether chad lived or died and nobody can convince me otherwise.

What you're describing aren't recasts, they're entire characters being replaced.

War machine going from Terrance Howard to Cheadle is a recast. Hulk going from the first guy to Ruffalo was a recast. And nobody gave a fukk.
I'll get you glorified retconn at best. They are the same characters essentially just a different actor playing them, which is exactly what happens when they are recast. and you clearly give a fukk cause you complain about them all the time. (not you specifically, but you as in the general audience)