Did anyone else not get into Horizon. Or was it just me?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Nah, breh.:stop: Horizon was the game that saved the first quarter of 2017 for me. Wasn't into Nier: Automata and fukking MEA, the game I really wanted to come through and crush the buildings was trash.

I rarely platinum games but I did it for Horizon within a year and when the DLC came out I 100% that shyt again. It's legit.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Those fetch quests were garbage. There was one that made you go to opposite side of the map. You had to track the guy almost back to we’re you originally started the quest.

That shyt pissed me off, felt like blatant time padding. I’ll get back into it at some point but I couldn’t get engrossed into that world.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
No idea what some of you guys were playing, honestly. Most complaints I hear concerning Horizon always read like someone whom was fairly lazy and didn't take the time to figure out the gameplay. Kind of Dudes that are shooting fire arrows at flamespitting Bellowbacks and then get frustrated that they keep dying. :mjlol: The complaint about lack of combat is off, too. The story is definetly the focus but 90% of the entire game has a mission that results in combat. Hell a huge chunk of exploration & discovery is tied in with the combat (side missions almost always results in it & as do the m Cauldrons which lead to not only a boss fight but the ability to override the machines.) I also never comprehended anyone complaining about being forced to set traps and "prep." I love the frenetic pace of combat here and while I used stealth on my first run, I almost always went in guns blazing without a single trap laid on my subsequent playthroughs. You have four weapon slots. I've beaten the game twice on Ultra Hard using nothing but the

Hunter bow (hardpoint arrows & fire arrows)

Elemental bow (freezing to multiply damage)

Rope caster (crowd control) and the

Tearblaster (removing armor.)

Notch three Ice arrows followed by three notched hardpoint arrows with the appropriate mods (DMG for Hunter, FRZ for Elemental) and you will decimate 95% of enemies you come across with those two weapons alone. The Ropecaster will successfully allow you to control a crowd if things get hectic. Use the Tearblaster to knock off machine weapons & defenses if you want a handicap and the game is light work. That load out is legitimately basic as all hell and you can absolutely destroy every enemy in the game with it so long as you know each machines respective strength and weaknesses. It's a myth that you have to go Batman and have "prep time." I won't lay a single tripwire or trap and I'll still fukk a Thunderjaws entire day up in 30 seconds. The story is also stellar.

I wasn't even checking for Horizon when it was announced. Now its my personal game of the gen and the best exclusive I've played in years. To each his own but I always question how many heads complaining ever did any tutorials to learn how to effectively use the equipment or attempted to halfway figure out the machines (which was literally as simple as scanning them. :dead:)

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
the cave bytch on the metal dinosaur?

that game just looked like a polished e3 tech demo which SONY thought they could capitalise on for getting more money out of us.

I'm never a sucker for marketing, i always see through the bs

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Beat the game and got all the top tier weapons with all but maybe 3 skills left to unlock. I did not enjoy the story at all. It wasn't stupid it anything, just did not enjoy it. The mechanics were good and the weapons system was ok. A bit too simple but we'll done I guess. Too many arrows that you can do without to have success so that means its clutter imo. And the melee system was absolute trash.

The game itself was okay. Refreshing environment but I just feel like the story and characters really hindered this game. Gameplay-wise I hate games where you beat all the enemies the exact same way. They disguised it well though. I like games I can grind out in though and I think most people who okay these type games do too so there's stuff to do after but not that much. You aren't grinding the game, you're grinding for gear/skills that you will have a sense of accomplishment in getting but the game won't having anything enjoyable for you to do with it.

Good game. I can see why people think it's great. I just thought it was ok personally.

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nikkas saying the story was stupid and the fighting was boring :gucci:

A neg is not even enough. some people just need to be bytch smacked.

That might be one of the goat stories and the goat open world games ever made.

Please tell me what is fukking with this

tjax03

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
nikkas saying the story was stupid and the fighting was boring :gucci:

A neg is not even enough. some people just need to be bytch smacked.

That might be one of the goat stories and the goat open world games ever made.

Please tell me what is fukking with this

The robots were the only redeeming quality of the game.

The story was wack. The outfits were stupid too

Save $ not Hoes

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The robots were the only redeeming quality of the game.

The story was wack. The outfits were stupid too
Name a better story

Edit:
You're probably one of them dudes that played on easy didn't even look at all the view points or find the recordings :camby:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
No idea what some of you guys were playing, honestly. Most complaints I hear concerning Horizon always read like someone whom was fairly lazy and didn't take the time to figure out the gameplay. Kind of Dudes that are shooting fire arrows at flamespitting Bellowbacks and then get frustrated that they keep dying. :mjlol: The complaint about lack of combat is off, too. The story is definetly the focus but 90% of the entire game has a mission that results in combat. Hell a huge chunk of exploration & discovery is tied in with the combat (side missions almost always results in it & as do the m Cauldrons which lead to not only a boss fight but the ability to override the machines.) I also never comprehended anyone complaining about being forced to set traps and "prep." I love the frenetic pace of combat here and while I used stealth on my first run, I almost always went in guns blazing without a single trap laid on my subsequent playthroughs. You have four weapon slots. I've beaten the game twice on Ultra Hard using nothing but the

Notch three Ice arrows followed by three notched hardpoint arrows with the appropriate mods (DMG for Hunter, FRZ for Elemental) and you will decimate 95% of enemies you come across with those two weapons alone. The Ropecaster will successfully allow you to control a crowd if things get hectic. Use the Tearblaster to knock off machine weapons & defenses if you want a handicap and the game is light work. That load out is legitimately basic as all hell and you can absolutely destroy every enemy in the game with it so long as you know each machines respective strength and weaknesses. It's a myth that you have to go Batman and have "prep time." I won't lay a single tripwire or trap and I'll still fukk a Thunderjaws entire day up in 30 seconds. The story is also stellar.

I wasn't even checking for Horizon when it was announced. Now its my personal game of the gen and the best exclusive I've played in years. To each his own but I always question how many heads complaining ever did any tutorials to learn how to effectively use the equipment or attempted to halfway figure out the machines (which was literally as simple as scanning them. :dead:)
I love the slingshot nades. I cant get enough of that

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I love the slingshot nades. I cant get enough of that

Me too. Loaded them shyts up with the highest damage mods I could find in all slots. Created a buffet of carnage whenever I got jumped by machines :demonic:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps

nikkas writing bible chapters :dead: I know all about the weapon types, enemies, their properties, etc. The combat just sucks. The aiming mechanics are clunky. The other weapons like the rattler are just wack