DICE on BF4: "We need to compromise in some places" on PS4/Xbox One

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it's kinda shytty that next gen consoles are basically dated cpus from like 2011. graphics will optimized, so we'll still be eating but not as much as we should be:to:

Rico

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LMAO I love it. You post a Link and they say how much are they paying you? Did he write the link? IGN says the game doesn't look good on PS4... Y'all say well well it probably won't look good on xbox one either... settle down.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
The PC version of Battlefield 4 will look better than the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions, executive producer Patrick Bach has suggested, telling VideoGamer.com that DICE is "doing as much as [it] can" with the next-gen versions, "but we need to compromise in some places".

Discussing the differences between the PC and next-gen versions of Battlefield 4, Bach said that "from a CPU/GPU perspective, no, [PS4 & Xbox One cannot match PC]."PC will always be... You can just add more to a PC. There's always more. The game supports to a big extent better hardware, but not completely, so it won't be night and day."

"Of course I do. I want PCs to be twice as fast as well. I think [PS4 & Xbox One] will do what they are supposed to do. They will move console gaming farther. It will take console gaming into a new generation. Then the question is, could they have done more? Yes. Would it cost the same? No. It would be twice the price. Would that be a reasonable thing to sell to consumers? Probably not.

Whether the final game will look as good on next-gen consoles as the 'Fishing in Baku' footage shown during the initial reveal still isn't certain, however.

"I try to remember what it looked like back then," Bach adds. "To me it's back then! It has come a long way. This is why I'm not completely sure on how to answer the question, because some people might not see the difference. When they look at it, [they'll say,] 'Yes, it looks exactly the same.' To me, I will see the difference because there are so many levels of fidelity that is for some people hard to spot. The experience will be very, very similar, but then what it is might not be the same."

Despite the differences between the PC and PS4/Xbox One versions, though, Bach believes that the next-gen release of Battlefield 4 marks an exciting milestone for the series.

"I think the cool thing that we are extremely excited about is that you will, for the first time, get a full Battlefield experience on a console," he adds. "It's the same core, it's the same game, it's the same feature set, there's nothing left out, so to speak. But there's also the 64 players, 60FPS experience that you haven't really seen on a console previously which will move it up a big notch and eliminate some of the gap between PC and console.

@PS4 I thought the xbox and PC version were going to be the same :heh:
I thought people played the xbox version at gamescom yet you couldnt prvide one link :heh:
The interviewer should've interjected "b-b-but...what about the cloud? :sadcam:"

:lolbron:

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
If I cop another 7850 and crossfire it will I be able to run BF4 at high settings? 1080p/60fps?

:ld:

I'm starting to consider it...