Devil in a blue dress appreciation thread

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Classic movie. I remember reading they wanted to originally make a trilogy of Easy Rawlins movies. Would've been the perfect noir franchise for Denzel and Don Cheadle put in a star making performance......

I'm completely surprised no more Mosley books have been converted to film. I know there's the Socrates Fortlow movie, but I think his writing transfers perfectly to some great noir theatre releases. Denzel and Cheadle made a great Easy and Mouse and there's a lot of great material to work with in those novels.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I'm completely surprised no more Mosley books have been converted to film. I know there's the Socrates Fortlow movie, but I think his writing transfers perfectly to some great noir theatre releases. Denzel and Cheadle made a great Easy and Mouse and there's a lot of great material to work with in those novels.

Love Devil In a Blue Dress & it's one of my favorites but Always Outnumbered is one of my top 3 movies ever. I liked it a little more than Devil. Larry Fishburne played that Socrates Fortlow character to a tee. Also I liked the fact it was an all Black cast. For those who haven't seen it you definitely need to watch it.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Denzel and Cheadle would have been great to play fearless and paris as well. A bit of a role reversal, but I suppose that's what Mosley was going for with the characters.

"worried about the cops stopping us. It's late, they may grab us just for driving"

"that ain't our problem, it's their widows and fatherless children got to worry about them"

:whew: one of the coldest things I have ever read

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Love Devil In a Blue Dress & it's one of my favorites but Always Outnumbered is one of my top 3 movies ever. I liked it a little more than Devil. Larry Fishburne played that Socrates Fortlow character to a tee. Also I liked the fact it was an all Black cast. For those who haven't seen it you definitely need to watch it.
I still haven't seen that 1. I've pretty much read everything Mosley has ever written so I'm not sure why I haven't checked it out. Might get on that this weekend.

And thanks to this thread I just found out there's a new Easy Rawlins book that came out this year. I think I'm bout to start the whole series over again. Should be good since it's been so long since I read most of them that I forgot most of the plots and how the mysteries were solved.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Im mad late..just seen this on demand....:banderas:

giphy.gif