Demolition Man saw the future

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Looking back now, the writers got a lot of today's tech correct. Obviously we're not in a world that resembles Demolition Man spot on, but I'll be damned if these guys didn't get a lot if it. The AI, Google, touch screens, etc. Would love a sequel with La'Keith Stanfield, Chris Hemsworth and Sly. Make Hemsworth the villain, and La'Keith Simon Phoenix's grandson or something.

demolition-man-8081.jpg

"Demolition Man" is a science-fiction action film released in 1993, directed by Marco Brambilla and starring Sylvester Stallone, Wesley Snipes, and Sandra Bullock. The movie is set in a future world in which a violent criminal named Simon Phoenix (played by Snipes) is cryogenically frozen and then thawed out in the year 2032 to wreak havoc on society once again.

To stop Phoenix, the authorities revive a police officer named John Spartan (played by Stallone), who was also frozen after being wrongly convicted of killing innocent civilians. Spartan must adapt to a new, seemingly utopian society that has eliminated all forms of violence and bad behavior, but at the cost of individual freedom and personal expression. Alongside a rule-following officer named Lenina Huxley (played by Bullock), Spartan sets out to stop Phoenix and restore order to the city.

"Demolition Man" is known for its satirical take on society and its humor, action sequences, and futuristic technology. It has become a cult classic and is still popular among fans of the genre.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Still need that "auto-inflate" tech :wow:

Simon Phoenix still one of my favorite characters of all-time.

The Postman with Kevin Costner and Larenz Tate was another movie somewhat surprisingly accurate:
Alt-right really tried that takeover.
When dude was shedding a tear after reading that excerpt from a self-help book "Seizing the Way to Win" like it was all deep and profound.

Wife and I laugh at that Larenz Tate scene though, you know all them folks would've thrown Lincoln under the bus when he yelled back and ducked into the crowd :heh:.

Last edited: