Dehaven talks about the time he and Jay-Z went to get coke and he ended up getting shot

HiredGun

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
It's ok to give NY some props...that was a area where ppl was selling weight at a cheap price at that time...I been up on Amsterdam and ate smothered chicken with gravy and rice at that soul food spot named after a woma8 while I waited on my ppl as a teen and everyone approached me asking if I was "straight"...I wished I had money for a whole thing but I didn't and I wasn't bout getting fronted during them times. I've spoken to some MD dudes from the Eastern Shore and they said Jay was overcharging them...then had a meeting and said he was overcharging but then he stopped and let them get it at his price...they all speak good about them guys...I hope they all can work it out somehow...story is believable but that's tough :manny:

eastsideTT

Superstar
Daps
appreciate the era that Jay came from, just being able to survive that is crazy...but to thrive and do something beyond ...in the era, time and location Jay came from , that's incredible.

With that said, these dusty old dude stories of when you had it popping in 87 are starting to get a little old. move on bro. that's great and those anecdotes are fun every now and again but your whole being and identity is based off the shyt you had to do to make money over the span of a couple years... damn near 30 years ago? what'd you turn that into? what are you doing now? because if you made it out and you're above ground and not in jail you should have something new to identify with and something new to create. I can picture this dude sitting outside on Nostrand ave in a lawn chair telling these stories and trying to big-bro Jay with every breath like that shoulda been him to ink the Tidal deal or something. Same type of dusty old has-beens saying "we let these dudes live out here!" :snoop:

DillaTUDE

Superstar
Daps
I's off DeHaven's IG were he talks about his past:

He has more stories on there wh
ere he talks about how he put Emory on, how his relationship with Jay soured, his trial, etc.

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I's off DeHaven's IG were he talks about his past:

He has more stories on there wh
ere he talks about how he put Emory on, how his relationship with Jay soured, his trial, etc.

Damn. Hip-Hop History wiped clean off of the internet.

Someone should've saved this shyt.

This whole deal with Dehaven, Emory, Jay.
Dehaven trying to get bro killed, Jay holdin' his boy Emory down.
fukking copping work from OG Juan.

All of this shyt is crazy :pachaha:

I knew some things but the deeper I go, the more I'm like "Damn Jay was getting it in way more than I expected".

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
The idea that Jay was a "fake hustler" is mostly people who just don't really know the game.

Like I could sit up here for 2 hours and tell these same kinds of stories. 125's, weighing out a 9. House got jacked. Someone stole an ounce. Pistols and jack moves and just go on. The feds took a million from my closest homie. I grew up in the game too. I could get even darker. It's all true and I came up in Southern Cali in the 2000's

Jay was in the crack game in Brooklyn, NYC, South Carolina in the 90's. Dude survived A LOT.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
The idea that Jay was a "fake hustler" is mostly people who just don't really know the game.

Like I could sit up here for 2 hours and tell these same kinds of stories. 125's, weighing out a 9. House got jacked. Someone stole an ounce. Pistols and jack moves and just go on. The feds took a million from my closest homie. I grew up in the game too. I could get even darker. It's all true and I came up in Southern Cali in the 2000's

Jay was in the crack game in Brooklyn, NYC, South Carolina in the 90's. Dude survived A LOT.
I grew up with someone who was moving millions a week and his lawyer had him doing time with Biggs and Snipes in club fed in PA.

There's only a handful of people who knew what was going on at the time. He wasn't flashy. The stories he told were fairly tame. Any partying and flossing he did was out of state. If someone hadn't flipped on him he'd probably still be at it today.

These dudes in here squares imagining that you have to be Pablo Escobar or El Chapo or go out like Rich Porter to be in the drug game. In reality it's a boring mundane life 99% of the time.

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I grew up with someone who was moving millions a week and his lawyer had him doing time with Biggs and Snipes in club fed in PA.

There's only a handful of people who knew what was going on at the time. He wasn't flashy. The stories he told were fairly tame. Any partying and flossing he did was out of state. If someone hadn't flipped on him he'd probably still be at it today.

These dudes in here squares imagining that you have to be Pablo Escobar or El Chapo or go out like Rich Porter to be in the drug game. In reality it's a boring mundane life 99% of the time.

Someone I met told me there were down with Emory too, Dominican dude from NYC. I wouldn't say the bolded, but I would just say the thrill for me is in relating or connecting to people when I hear the same stories that make up parts my life, but it isn't like it's that uncommon. Even the higher level guys, they could talk to me just the same.

I could tell Chapo or any of those guys in spanish "the good bricks always pop when you crack them" and he would 100% laugh and know what I am saying. So when I hear Jay talk that shyt, I hear myself. He makes that music for me.

but yeah when people who don't relate hear it, it doesn't reflect a reality that they know. exactly.