Deflecting responsibility

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Fucc "the bar" and what people think about it - she should cherish her father being there instead of
manufacturing reasons to resent him.

how did you reach the conclusion that she resents her father, did you misunderstand what you read in the opening post?

:patrice:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
how did you reach the conclusion that she resents her father, did you misunderstand what you read in the opening post?

:patrice:

I actually didn't say she resents him, because I don't know her relationship with her father.

What I said was, she's "manufacturing reasons to resent him".
It seems the view she has of her father is filtered through the lenses of something he has no control over (how others treat him).
And instead of focusing on her own relationship with him, she seems hung up on "the bar".

But whatever - fucc me, I don't know her...

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
I actually didn't say she resents him, because I don't know her relationship with her father.

What I said was, she's "manufacturing reasons to resent him".
It seems the view she has of her father is filtered through the lenses of something he has no control over (how others treat him).
And instead of focusing on her own relationship with him, she seems hung up on "the bar".

But whatever - fucc me, I don't know her...

She doesn't appear to be manufacturing reasons to resent him. her issues are about people praising her father for ... doing his default job as if fathers aren't typically involved in their children's lives and that's probably the experience of the people praising her father for doing what their fathers have failed at.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
She doesn't appear to be manufacturing reasons to resent him. her issues are about people praising her father for ... doing his default job as if fathers aren't typically involved in their children's lives and that's probably the experience of the people praising her father for doing what their fathers have failed at.

Okay.

Critical Distance

Guardian Angel
Supporter
Daps
Wouldn't you say that affected black families as a whole?

There's a book called from the war on poverty to the war on crime which argues that what you're saying started well before then.

marriage is the nucleus of the family, so yes.

it may have started before the period i mention, but the marriage rates were high until the 70s which was what I was correlating it too.

but yeah, i might have to check that book out.:ehh:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
marriage is the nucleus of the family, so yes.

it may have started before the period i mention, but the marriage rates were high until the 70s which was what I was correlating it too.

but yeah, i might have to check that book out.:ehh:
I think the cracks started to show earlier but it caused irreparable damage by the 70s until now.

Something needs to change.