Deflecting responsibility

Malt-O-Meal

Banned
Daps
Yo LSA can be a pain sometimes, like any site of course, but it got me thinking since this happens in real life. So the issue was about the bar being set low for black fathers, the thread wasn't even about that but someone brought it up smh. So this poster was saying how people in the black community praise black men for being fathers like it shouldn't be expected. The poster was like how she's the only sibling who's father is in her life and it annoys her how everyone is amazed, or something like that. How she was essentially disgusted/baffled how in he black community the bare minimum was celebrated amongst us regarding black fatherhood.

I'm like, bish I know you aren't criticizing black men when your mother has multiple children by multiple men. Like how do you look down your nose at black men when your mother ain't living right? Plus she has never been married to these men. Like how sway? I've heard this in real life too, thank goodness not by many but still.

How can you have one child by a deadbeat and continue the pattern? You have no right to say anything because you're half the problem. That poster's mother is a big part of the problem. She and others like that are choosing crappy people, repeatedly. It's like they refuse to see it or can't.

And the same goes for fathers who have baby mamas, multiple at that. It's like they don't see they are the reason the problem exists. You can slip up once, but all your kids have different dads/moms and none of them are good? How do you not see you're a willing participant in this dysfunction? How do you fix your mouth to criticize the other side? And apparently they pass this down to their children, like the poster, because they don't see it either.

This is more a rant, but feel free to comment.

A side note, i find this topic insulting to those of us, which are many, who have great fathers in our lives who go above and beyond. Not to mention many of us don't have these baby mama/baby daddy situations in our family. These people need to take this up with their parents and stop painting us all with a broad brush.

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
A side note, i find this topic insulting to those of us, which are many, who have great fathers in our lives who go above and beyond. Not to mention many of us don't have these baby mama/baby daddy situations in our family. These people need to take this up with their parents and stop painting us all with a broad brush.
What's your ethnicity? Are you halfrican or west Indian or just a the links members child?

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
My dad had two other ex wives before my mom, and he treated us all the same except for the fact that I was his first and only daughter. But responsibility was expected. It's very dysfunctional and it's cyclic in regards to marred family issues. The women continue the cycle and the men can walk away.

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
It would stand to reason that if these women are consistently selecting bad partners from the selection pool, maybe there are that many "good" partners to select from.

The woman in the OP who shared her experience is by no means an anomaly, there are plenty Black families set up like hers where the mother has multiple children by different men and only a minority of the fathers actually contribute to the child's life.

Leave it to the coli to tell it, all the Black men on this site are "good men" who wouldn't abandon their children and wouldn't sleep with the kinds of women who are clearly dysfunctional.

Critical Distance

Guardian Angel
Supporter
Daps
black women had higher rates of marriage than white women until the 1970s... I wonder what happened.:mjpls:

Malt-O-Meal

Banned
Daps
What's your ethnicity? Are you halfrican or west Indian or just a the links members child?

I don't understand the last part of the sentence. I'm mostly AA. My father is AA and my mother is AA and Jamaican (grandmother is Jamaican and grandfather is AA). I'll PM you my lsa name.

Malt-O-Meal

Banned
Daps
It would stand to reason that if these women are consistently selecting bad partners from the selection pool, maybe there are that many "good" partners to select from.

The woman in the OP who shared her experience is by no means an anomaly, there are plenty Black families set up like hers where the mother has multiple children by different men and only a minority of the fathers actually contribute to the child's life.

Leave it to the coli to tell it, all the Black men on this site are "good men" who wouldn't abandon their children and wouldn't sleep with the kinds of women who are clearly dysfunctional.

What? I'm saying is don't fix your mouth to bash black men about being terrible fathers when not only is that not true for the majority but you're just as bad. You don't have to continue to procreate with deadbeats or on the other end you don't have to create baby mamas. I'm tired of people acting like just because your family has a messed up dynamic so does the majority. There are just as many deadbeat white men in this country, if not more. They were the reason many of those laws were created (child support, alimony, etc), not us.

It's like everyone overlooks their part in the dysfunction. On top of that they want to act like everyone else's community is perfect and only black people are messed up. I mean if you want to talk statistics, how is it that it was found that black men are the most active fathers out of all other races?

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
What? I'm saying is don't fix your mouth to bash black men about being terrible fathers when not only is that not true for the majority but you're just as bad. You don't have to continue to procreate with deadbeats or on the other end you don't have to create baby mamas. I'm tired of people acting like just because your family has a messed up dynamic so does the majority. There are just as many deadbeat white men in this country, if not more. They were the reason many of those laws were created (child support, alimony, etc), not us.

It's like everyone overlooks their part in the dysfunction. On top of that they want to act like everyone else's community is perfect and only black people are messed up. I mean if you want to talk statistics, how is it that it was found that black men are the most active fathers out of all other races?

When we discuss Black issues, why is it that many of you always bring non-Black people into the discussion?

Fact of the matter is, in the Black community, the bar for Black fathers is very low and you've done nothing to dispute that. Again, if these women are consistently getting similar results when selecting Black men from the dating pool, it would stand to reason that many of the Black men these women have to choose from aren't quality men. You might suggest that the women aren't quality women and this could certainly be true so wouldn't it also stand to reason that women who aren't "quality women" don't deserve "quality men"?

CriticalThought

All Star
Daps
Yo LSA can be a pain sometimes, like any site of course, but it got me thinking since this happens in real life. So the issue was about the bar being set low for black fathers, the thread wasn't even about that but someone brought it up smh. So this poster was saying how people in the black community praise black men for being fathers like it shouldn't be expected. The poster was like how she's the only sibling who's father is in her life and it annoys her how everyone is amazed, or something like that. How she was essentially disgusted/baffled how in he black community the bare minimum was celebrated amongst us regarding black fatherhood.

I'm like, bish I know you aren't criticizing black men when your mother has multiple children by multiple men. Like how do you look down your nose at black men when your mother ain't living right? Plus she has never been married to these men. Like how sway? I've heard this in real life too, thank goodness not by many but still.

How can you have one child by a deadbeat and continue the pattern? You have no right to say anything because you're half the problem. That poster's mother is a big part of the problem. She and others like that are choosing crappy people, repeatedly. It's like they refuse to see it or can't.

And the same goes for fathers who have baby mamas, multiple at that. It's like they don't see they are the reason the problem exists. You can slip up once, but all your kids have different dads/moms and none of them are good? How do you not see you're a willing participant in this dysfunction? How do you fix your mouth to criticize the other side? And apparently they pass this down to their children, like the poster, because they don't see it either.

This is more a rant, but feel free to comment.

A side note, i find this topic insulting to those of us, which are many, who have great fathers (and mothers) in our lives who go above and beyond. Not to mention many of us don't have these baby mama/baby daddy situations in our family. These people need to take this up with their parents and stop painting us all with a broad brush.

Truth. Especially the bolded.

If you wanted to make some money, set up a site for black families like yours. I guarantee you, it'd do numbers. A whole lot of contemporary mess would get filtered out that doesn't exist our family units. :sas2:

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
Truth. Especially the bolded.

If you wanted to make some money, set up a site for black families like yours. I guarantee you, it'd do numbers. A whole lot of contemporary mess would get filtered out that way. :sas2:

She could even call it Facebook.

:ehh:

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
The poster was like how she's the only sibling who's father is in her life and it annoys her how everyone is amazed, or something like that. How she was essentially disgusted/baffled how in he black community the bare minimum was celebrated amongst us regarding black fatherhood.

...and this is the one whose father was in her life, and she mad because people respect him for being there.

Stick around to raise your daughters, brehs.

These are the kind of people who need to be told "maybe yo' mama ain't chit."

Matt504

YSL as a gang must end
Daps
...and this is the one whose father was in her life, and she mad because people respect him for being there.

Stick around to raise your daughters, brehs.

These are the kind of people who need to be told "maybe yo' mama ain't chit."

false, she's mad because the bar is so low that people respect him for doing his default job as if it's something abnormal.

Raava

Staff member
Daps
I don't see why she can't say anything because of her mothers actions. She isn't responsible for her mothers actions and probably has first hand experience because of her family environment. I don't see how that is a deflection of responsibility unless she was actually the person with multiple children from different men.

I don't agree with what she said. I don't think black fathers being celebrated and the standard for picking your child's father correlate in that way. One is picking a mate which is one issue and the other is a result of that picking and stereotypes. Its like a white person getting mad at Black pride or Black men getting mad at black women talking about their beauty a lot. There is a need for the uplifting because of negative portrayals in society. I don't really see bare minimum fathers getting praise like that. On the other side of that issue some can say the same about how "single mothers are praised for their bad decision". I don't really see that either. I see a lot of judgment on both ends.

Other than that I agree, it is easier for people to point the finger than accept their hand in an issue. It's hard for people to look at themselves.