Def Comedy Jam is wild

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
i was too young to watch this when it was out (funnily enough i remember kids whose parents let them watch, they'd be at school repeating the jokes, as an adult, i now see where parenting skills were lacking :mjpls: ) binged it about a month ago, some jokes aged poorly, but overall shyt was interesting as a time capsule into black culture in the early 90's. not an episode went by without mention of either the Michael Jackson accusations, Mike Tyson rape, 92 riots/Rodney King, and/or OJ Trial.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
It went downhill after Joe Torrys run as host.
Martin was the goat host and could not be topped :wow:
shyt reminds me of Comic View. How the hosts falling off caused the show to go down with it. DL was the GOAT host on that. Ced was straight. Don DC Curry did his thing. Other than that the others were hit or miss to me.

For Def Jam Martin was the best host by far. I liked some of the later seasons where they just had a different famous comic hosting each ep. I been watching season 7 and 8 on HBO Max and Mike eps was so damn unfunny as the host. Some of the comics were killing though.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
i was too young to watch this when it was out (funnily enough i remember kids whose parents let them watch, they'd be at school repeating the jokes, as an adult, i now see where parenting skills were lacking :mjpls: ) binged it about a month ago, some jokes aged poorly, but overall shyt was interesting as a time capsule into black culture in the early 90's. not an episode went by without mention of either the Michael Jackson accusations, Mike Tyson rape, 92 riots/Rodney King, and/or OJ Trial.
My parents let me and my brothers watch it we turned out fine :mjpls:

But I have kids now and I would NOT have let them watch that at the ages we were :whoa:

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps
Was watching a few episodes yesterday