"Death to the Pessimistic State of Mind" - Nas Voice: NYK '23 Pre-Season Thread

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
We may not have top end talent....but we have a ton of refined professionals.
We're gonna keep hitting teams with wave after wave :mjlol:
There will be no fall off.
teams gonna see the knicks up next on the schedule and be like :unimpressed:
these nikkas gonna give us hell for 48 minutes :unimpressed:
ALL 48!

Off topic… the Bulls look fun as hell… can’t wait till we wash them bytch ass nikkas too :jawalrus:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I know this was brought up but is Beal vaccinated?

Which brings up another factor that will likely have the Knicks a 4-5 seed. At home the Knicks will see teams missing part of their roster due to vaccination mandates.
I don’t think that’s true. The mandate is only for NY residents. Visiting players don’t have to adhere to it. People even speculate that Kyrie might try to avoid the mandate by pointing out he lives in NJ.

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
I know this is our first preseason win but we gotta play better and just be consistent.

There's a lot of good teams this year. Chicago blew out Cleveland like they wasn't shyt.

We need to wash Washington at the very least with Beal for me to see something different from last year.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I don’t think that’s true. The mandate is only for NY residents. Visiting players don’t have to adhere to it. People even speculate that Kyrie might try to avoid the mandate by pointing out he lives in NJ.
Then on an unrelated note it’s fukking stupid to do that then. Beal being able to play on Barclays but Kyrie not being able to takes the measure from a safety issue to a control issue

:hubie:
How has no one called this nonsense out? Tourist aren’t exempt from the general rule because they could have Covid and spread it. To just force Wiggins and Kyrie to get it feels like they want to make an example of a few guys…… maybe even Kyrie.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I know this is our first preseason win but we gotta play better and just be consistent.

There's a lot of good teams this year. Chicago blew out Cleveland like they wasn't shyt.

We need to wash Washington at the very least with Beal for me to see something different from last year.
There's going to be growing pains BUT the chemistry for the first time was actually really good. I know they botched defensively in the 3rd but, in the real season the starters would be playing more. It was clear the team eased up at the end Pacers weren't beating us so they just took their foot off the gas. You already know Thibs will put his foot in their ass anyway so I expect a more focused game 2 against Washington.

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Then on an unrelated note it’s fukking stupid to do that then. Beal being able to play on Barclays but Kyrie not being able to takes the measure from a safety issue to a control issue

:hubie:
How has no one called this nonsense out? Tourist aren’t exempt from the general rule because they could have Covid and spread it. To just force Wiggins and Kyrie to get it feels like they want to make an example of a few guys…… maybe even Kyrie.

It’s a control issue for sure. But it’s trying to control the spread of the shyt. They can’t control who comes into the city, and they clearly can’t afford not to let tourists in with their money so the next best thing you can do is have everyone you know in your city that will have to interact with those tourists get vaccinated as a requirement of their employment. So yes, Beal could have Covid, but if everyone he came across is vaccinated, he’s much more likely not to spread it amongst the rest of the city than he would of only half the team and staff was vaccinated.