RJ
thibs3.png

storyteller

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yall saw my closing thoughts last game?

A wake-up call might not be the worst thing to happen. The Knicks have Philadelphia on Tuesday before visiting Chicago on Thursday. Coasting to wins against subpar competition might have left them ripe to be shocked at the step-up in competition. That’s my optimistic reading at least. The Knicks have flaws that they’ve managed to overcome with their strengths in other areas. High-level opponents might capitalize on issues that Orlando just laid bare. The perimeter defense is shaky and these guys can’t hit free-throws to save their lives. The ball movement is beautiful when it comes but is fleeting when the going gets tough. Those are weaknesses that time and reps can cure, but they’ve only got one day off before a yearly contender arrives.

So now we get to the fun part…or the painful part. The Knicks can’t afford to slack again this week. They just lost their chance at creating some leeway before facing tougher tests. Sunday could be a wake-up call or it could be the warning sign before a slump. The reason for my optimism is that we know these players and we know this coach. These aren’t the players to rest on their laurels or take games for granted. The quick turn around and elite opponent means a chance to make a statement fast. I don’t assume a win but I will expect a hard-fought game. The magnitude of any one game out of 82 seems tiny, but in the vacuum of early vibes and hype…I really want this next win!