Deadbeat Moms

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
Marriage isn't the end all be all to parenting. Just because you're married doesn't make you good parents.

Even if it isn't the "end all be all" to parenting, Marriage is the Gold Standard for parenting.

And while we're at it - just because a singular person is (as you say) "financially and emotionally able" to be a parent
doesn't guarantee they will be a good parent either, because those are states of being that can change.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Even if it isn't the "end all be all" to parenting, Marriage is the Gold Standard for parenting.

And while we're at it - just because a singular person is (as you say) "financially and emotionally able" to be a parent
doesn't guarantee they will be a good parent either, because those are states of being that can change.

NO, it's not. Marriage is SUPPOSED to be the gold standard for creating an environment conducive to raise children in but that has zip to do with parenting. Just because you're married doesn't mean you will be a good parent.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
NO, it's not. Marriage is SUPPOSED to be the gold standard for creating an environment conducive to raise children in but that has zip to do with parenting. Just because you're married doesn't mean you will be a good parent.

Marriage is still the Gold Standard for parenting because of what you said in the second sentence. Don't even fight anyone on that.

It is SUPPOSED to facilitate the best possible environment conducive to raise children: two people already in a familial arrangement
with their families' best interest at heart. However, that is only as good as the people in those arrangements. Marriage is not bad -
the people in a marriage is what can make it bad, and that is a MAJOR factor on those peoples' parenting skills/acumen.

That said, you can have all the tools to be a good parent, but it doesn't mean you'll be a good parent.
And it will be even more difficult doing so on your own.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
You can raise a child on your own and end up fine but it doesnt have to be that way.

If you do find a mother figure.

Still the best would be for the child to have both a mother and father present.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Marriage is still the Gold Standard for parenting because of what you said in the second sentence. Don't even fight anyone on that.

It is SUPPOSED to facilitate the best possible environment conducive to raise children: two people already in a familial arrangement
with their families' best interest at heart. However, that is only as good as the people in those arrangements. Marriage is not bad -
the people in a marriage is what can make it bad, and that is a MAJOR factor on those peoples' parenting skills/acumen.

That said, you can have all the tools to be a good parent, but it doesn't mean you'll be a good parent.
And it will be even more difficult doing so on your own.

We can agree that a GOOD marriage is the gold standard but not marriage itself. I don't feel that most marriages are good and there are other effective child rearing models that can be developed through financially stable and supportive families with positive male and female role models. I didn't say anything about doing it alone.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I would like to have a child or two or three (depends on how much capitol I have later on in life) when I get older; but I would perfer to raise the child by myself. I also thought about adoption; when I get older. But I was thinking; is there a such thing as a deadbeat mom, which she would have my child but she would leave and let me raise the child by myself.

But on the other hand I don't want a child out of wedlock and a female would not just marry me (with a prenupt) and have a child, get divorced and let me have the kid, and she won't get no money from the divorce.

I had asked two of the homegirls and they both started laughing lol they like no; because women want to be mothers, they said they want to be mothers also, but not like that lol. I was like not all women want to be mothers.

I know the feeling actually, I love kids and I'd love to raise a kid of my own. I'd prefer not to adopt because I do want a kid of my own ( so much is passed down through genetics) and plus a single male trying to adopt would be damn near impossible. Honestly I dont even know if they allow for single's to adopt....

I feel you though, even women who don't want to be mothers usually once they have the kid they aren't giving it up especially if they can take care of it.

I'm in a ruff spot because I've been careful and choosy when it comes to a women in my life but now I'm 33 and if I'm going to have a kid I'd like to have one soon, flip side is women my age or older are in that danger zone for having kids and women younger are mad immature or that history and baggage is just :scust:

I'd really love to raise a kid on my own, but that's really selfish breh. Two parent experience is just how its meant to be.... no outside role models can compare. So in good conscious I could never purposely look to raise a kid by myself.

Bunchy Carter

I'll Take The Money Over The Honey
Daps
Reppin
Triple O.G. Bunchy Carter
What would lead the courts to make this decision?

The homie told me it was due to his job and her; because my homie works in sales so he flys all over the country and goes out the country also, so his ex played that against him and said how could he be a fit parent if he's not there. But then she used that against him because he make a lot of money; child support. Plus she said the child is scared of him and the homie said that she does not allow him to see his child, when he tries to call she does not pick up and he used phone records to prove he does call to make contact. But the courts did not go his favor.

My home had to fight for the 1 weekend; because she was trying to get 100% custody and wanted more money.

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
Yup! I've seen many cases like that. There are two little girls in my neighborhood that the mother doesn't watch AT ALL. Also, we live in a society where the mother can never be the bad one. She can always be forgiven if she does wrong. On the other hand when a father does something wrong people do not have a hard time putting the blame on him.

“Women are wonderful” effect
The “women are wonderful” effect is the gender stereotypes found in psychology and sociology which suggests that people's stereotypes of women were more positive than their stereotypes of men, although both sexes were viewed as positive. This bias is referred to as benevolent sexism[1] and was dubbed by Eagly & Mladinic (1994) after research suggested that it is no longer politically acceptable to be derogative towards women.[2]
“Women are wonderful” effect - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Superstar
Daps
definitely there are deadbeat moms. lots of kids are being raised by their grandparents.

if u don't want a wife, then maybe just adopt cuz it's better for an orphan to have one parent than no parents. i agree with everyone else tho, 2 parents in the home is best. u never know what life throws your way and with kids u really need to be extra prepared to maintain a stable home. you could die early, lose your job, be required to work extra long shifts and more. having two parents really comes in handy for those situations.

JudgeJoeForilla

Richest Broke Ni99a You'll Never Meet
Daps
All a kid really needs is a dad.

Someone who will teach his daughters the game.

Teach his sons how to have man hood.

Instill a sense of morality in his daughters.

Teach his sons not to let ho's take advantage of him.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
There are a ton of deadbeat moms. Most tend to be white women who run away from their responsibilities. Black deadbeat moms tend to stay with their kids but treat them poorly.

I had this convo with a friend. He thought about getting a surrogate. I actually think he would be a great dad. If I was his surrogate, I would want to co-parent tho. I dont want to bring a child in this world that I cant contact. I want to pass my wisdom, culture and heritage to my children. They need to know their ancestors.

JudgeJoeForilla

Richest Broke Ni99a You'll Never Meet
Daps
There are a ton of deadbeat moms. Most tend to be white women who run away from their responsibilities. Black deadbeat moms tend to stay with their kids but treat them poorly.

I had this convo with a friend. He thought about getting a surrogate. I actually think he would be a great dad. If I was his surrogate, I would want to co-parent tho. I dont want to bring a child in this world that I cant contact. I want to pass my wisdom, culture and heritage to my children. They need to know their ancestors.
Evidence please.