Dead Space had a shot to be the next great survival horror game

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you weren't overpowered like say in a newer RE game.....Isaac had to cut off the limbs of the necromorphs...you couldn't just head shot your way through the game...like i said it was tight and claustrophobic

then they decided to go the mainstream route for Dead Space 2 and 3 which were still fun games, but they were totally different from the pure survival horror of the first one

which is why this new era AAA survival horror is having a resurgence

with Alan Wake 2 coming out
images

The Callisto Protocol from the same creator of Dead Space... AAAA Horror

346-reveal-full.jpg

Leak-Even-more-footage-of-the-new-Silent-Hill.jpg

image of the leaked Silent Hill

images

the RE 4 remake which is said to have a much darker tone like what the original one was going to be before they went more action

hope they capture the essence of what the original Dead Space was. And of course the DS remake

Last edited:

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dead Space 3 dropped the ball hard first 2 was legendary and EA fukked up as usual...:scust:
Dead Space 2 was great, but even then you can tell they started to go a different direction to a more action...... away from the pure survival horror of the first

3 was just, yeah totally different

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Dead Space 2 was great, but even then you can tell they started to go a different direction to a more action...... away from the pure survival horror of the first

3 was just, yeah totally different
This is true. I enjoyed the hell out of DS2 but it wasn't the same experience. Dead Space was Dread Space. Moved like a tank and had limited things to your disposal in a much more deliberately slow paced space coffin. Its like comparing RE4 to RE2. Some of what you loved is still there but if you bout the original, the new pacing does not compare.

TheFireCar

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is true. I enjoyed the hell out of DS2 but it wasn't the same experience. Dead Space was Dread Space. Moved like a tank and had limited things to your disposal in a much more deliberately slow paced space coffin. Its like comparing RE4 to RE2. Some of what you loved is still there but if you bout the original, the new pacing does not compare.
survival horror games are just hard to sell because most gamers want a power fantasy and feel like their always a badass

being vulnerable is hard for many

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
survival horror games are just hard to sell because most gamers want a power fantasy and feel like their always a badass

being vulnerable is hard for many
I know. Same reason games like Quake die but Call of Duty gets endless easy ass rehashes. Difficulty isn't the million-seller.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, i dont really care for this genre but it’s a genre that i feel deserves more popularity than its gotten in recent years. Theres a lot of shyt on the horizon though so theres a big revitalization coming

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Got tired of fighting, then puzzle, fighting, then puzzle. Constantly running to gamefaqs before YouTube to figure out how to solve the puzzles

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
I played 1 & 2 of Dead Space, I liked them. Never got around to 3 and was told to stay away.:lolbron:

Absolutely cannot wait to play another Alan Wake game. I played that Follow Up DLC as well which wasn't as Great as the Original Game but still was Good. I'll definitely be playing again.:ahh:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Survival horror is an overrated genre. You need enough survival to continue the action but not too much survival to where you're hiding like a bytch.

These modern morons seem to think that the definition of a survival horror game is a hide and go seek simulator. Even resident evil 1 was not the definition of survival horror as it has come to be known.

Dead space 2 was the Pinnacle.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
First one is a classic. I pretty much pretend the sequels don’t exist. 3 straight up felt like they were trying to chase gears of war and/or mass effect. It’s just a way different game overall. The first one really nailed the survival horror vibe with an rpg element twist with the gear upgrades.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
DS2 was awesome. I think part 1 was more pure survival horror but part 2 was fun af. Part 3 I never bothered with other than a quick look see and I wasn't feeling it.

darryl

Superstar
Daps
I last played it in 2011 and couldn't finish it... shyt was beyond scary. And I wasn't even playing with headphones...