Dead Space 2 is PEAK 3rd Person Action-Horror at its finest moment.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Dead space 1 was better in a more traditional horror sense but dead space 2 was terrifying in a different way.

Is wasn't about creepy environments and anticipating jump scares, it was more about the intense nature of the combat. The feeling of constantly being overwhelmed was terrifying imo.

I dont know what they were trying to do with the third game.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
If you haven't played Alien Isolation, play it tonight. There are no jump scares, it's legit scary. Not as much action and somewhat repetitive, but it's damn good, better than Dead Space

If you want the GOAT scary experience play Alien Isolation with VR

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
Replaying this series and Dead Space 2 just fukking stands out as the most memorable action horror experience since the last time I've played this game. It is fantastic.

I'm surprised how little Action-Horror is catered to be honest. I guess Action Horror is the hardest genre to find balance, because even the game to start it all, Resident Evil 4, was uneven.

Wish we could get another mainstream AAA Action Horror series, man... :mjcry:

I HATE horror games.

HATE THEM.

Yet I played Dead Space 2 from start to finish. I couldn't put it down, the story grabbed me (I never played the first one, just watched some videos).

The main character wasn't even battle hardened after the first game. Dude felt very relatable. Stomp on enemies enough and he starts screaming. I screamed with him sometimes like fuuuccck :damn:

Props to the team to make it easy for people like me who didn't play the first game.

The combat was amazing, I always felt like I was in control. If I died it was totally my fault. They paced out the jump scares and that boss fight with that monster in space.

MY god :ohlawd:

They dulled the sound and all you could hear clearly was Isaac breathing heavy., trying to control himself from freaking the hell out:wow:

I was scared the entire time :russ:

But I wanted to see Isaac through to the end :wow:

I told myself: I'm glad I don't have to deal with that cramped ass Ishimura ship from the firs-

"Go back to the Ishimura"

FUUUCCK :damn:

Wimpering the entire section :mjcry::mjlol:

On my GOTY list.

Im scared :merchant:

See it through :demonic: