DDP Yoga

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I never done ddp yoga but I do yoga. Yoga is the best form of workout I do. Nothing has helped me with body, mind and breathing like yoga has. I'm no longer in pain after heavy work out days and incorporate my yoga techniques into my other workout routines like running basketball and weightlifting. I also see more changes in my physique since starting yoga.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
did the diamond dozen (the introductory workout) yesterday and it didn't seem challenging besides the one position that requires you to fold forward and completely bend your back to your knees...that shyt hurt. gonna stick with it for the next 90 days and see how it goes.

nasty

Stunts, Blunts and HipHop
Supporter
Daps
This is a good supplement to jiu jitsu and muay Thai, have my body feeling right brehs

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
I never done ddp yoga but I do yoga. Yoga is the best form of workout I do. Nothing has helped me with body, mind and breathing like yoga has. I'm no longer in pain after heavy work out days and incorporate my yoga techniques into my other workout routines like running basketball and weightlifting. I also see more changes in my physique since starting yoga.

did you start to lose weight after doing yoga? i'm pretty slim already and i lost 4 lbs in less than a week after starting yoga :dwillhuh:

is it possible to do this and not lose weight at the same time? i'm already lifting and eating more...am i just doing too much?

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
did you start to lose weight after doing yoga? i'm pretty slim already and i lost 4 lbs in less than a week after starting yoga :dwillhuh:

is it possible to do this and not lose weight at the same time? i'm already lifting and eating more...am i just doing too Much?

It leans you out. You will start building muscle so eventually you will maintain or gain weight. Unless you are obese a big chunk of fat does not weigh much. You are gaining control of your core where most of your fat is probably at. After a while your core turns into muscle thus gaining weight. You are actually using more energy than you think doing yoga but you have control of your heart rate so you burn fat instead of muscle. Stick with it and you will notice in your workouts that your strength becomes more practical. So instead of isolating your muscles when lifting you will you use more of your core and other muscles including muscles you did not realize mattered. I am no expert but this has worked for me and has made the biggest difference in my life. I am 36 and am in the greatest shape of my life mostly because of yoga.

FrostBite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never understood how yoga is meant to clear your mind and be relaxing. When I tried P90X, yoga was the toughest damn workout. How the hell is it supposed to clear your mind if you're busy struggling to twist your body into all sorts of poses?

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I've never understood how yoga is meant to clear your mind and be relaxing. When I tried P90X, yoga was the toughest damn workout. How the hell is it supposed to clear your mind if you're busy struggling to twist your body into all sorts of poses?
Once you get your breathing under control and start getting balance the poses come more natural. Yoga was hard for me at first and i could not clear my mind cause i would focus more on the pose then remembering to breathe. if you need to Scale back on the pose and focus on your breathing and it will come a lot easier. There is going to be some poses that will be hard so just do what your body allows you and do not force it. I am not sure how p90x teaches but a lot of what made it easier for me was the instruction the yoga instructor gives. He gives tips on what you are doing wrong and how to correct them.

FrostBite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Once you get your breathing under control and start getting balance the poses come more natural. Yoga was hard for me at first and i could not clear my mind cause i would focus more on the pose then remembering to breathe. if you need to Scale back on the pose and focus on your breathing and it will come a lot easier. There is going to be some poses that will be hard so just do what your body allows you and do not force it. I am not sure how p90x teaches but a lot of what made it easier for me was the instruction the yoga instructor gives. He gives tips on what you are doing wrong and how to correct them.

Do you go to a class or have a program you'd recommend? The P90X version rubbed me the wrong way. I might be more inclined to try it again with a different program.

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
Do you go to a class or have a program you'd recommend? The P90X version rubbed me wrong way. I might be more inclined to try it again with a different program.
I take a class at the gym. I used to be the most unbalanced and inflexible person around with horrible breathing habits. I couldn't even cros my legs The problem with video is you do not have somebody to correct you when you do something wrong. Now i do it on my own more often then in class. I used to be the worst student now I am one of the better ones. I used to hate stretching. Now it's so relaxing.

FrostBite

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I take a class at the gym. I used to be the most unbalanced and inflexible person around with horrible breathing habits. I couldn't even cros my legs The problem with video is you do not have somebody to correct you when you do something wrong. Now i do it on my own more often then in class. I used to be the worst student now I am one of the better ones. I used to hate stretching. Now it's so relaxing.

How often do you do yoga?