DC’s Upcoming ‘Lanterns’ Series Gets the Greenlight at HBO

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
How'd I not know Glen Powell was the dude in Scream Queens and Expendables 3:snoop: He was great in the 1st season of that show. I only knew him as the guy that got ho'd by Bane at the Stock Exchange in The Dark Knight Rise

Yea they should've had him be Hal although IDK if he'd do TV. I'm interested in who they get to play John Stewart.
Hal shouldn't be mad old. If Superman gonna be early 30s, Hal shouldn't be played by a 60.uear old

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How'd I not know Glen Powell was the dude in Scream Queens and Expendables 3:snoop: He was great in the 1st season of that show. I only knew him as the guy that got ho'd by Bane at the Stock Exchange in The Dark Knight Rise

Yea they should've had him be Hal although IDK if he'd do TV. I'm interested in who they get to play John Stewart.
Think he’s already said he’s cool on superhero movies. He was popular fan casting for Cyclops.
Hal shouldn't be mad old. If Superman gonna be early 30s, Hal shouldn't be played by a 60.uear old
Think the talk was of an old Hal and young John.

Raw Sauce

Superstar
Daps
In the original leak, wasn't the idea that Hal was an old head and he was mentoring a younger Jon? Presumably later Hal becomes Parallax and Jon becomes the main GL.

EDIT:
This might be a reverse Lethal Weapon situation

"I'm gettin too old for this shyt"
:beli:

Last edited:

King Static X

The Realest King (የተከበረው ንጉሥ)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kings County
I'm all for John Stewart being the main Green Lantern but Brolin is too old to be Hal Jordan.

I hope the RDJ Doom casting didn't start a trend of recycling actors.
Apparently this show is about an older Hal mentoring a young/younger John Stewart.

However, I agree. I want someone other than Brolin in the role.