DC Announces METROPOLIS TV Series Revolving Around Lois Lane And Lex Luthor

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
DC Announces Superman Prequel TV Series 'Metropolis'

Krypton isn't the only Supermanprequel coming to TV!

On Tuesday, DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Television announced that the companies are working on a new TV series called Metropolis, which is set to take place before Superman starts being a hero.

The new series will follow the lives of reporter Lois Lane and soon-to-be evil mastermind Lex Luthor as they navigate the day-to-day world of Metropolis. Much like Gothamhas done for Batman, this series will examine the iconic DC city before there was a hero around to protect it.

Speaking of Gotham, the producers behind that series are the ones bringing Metropolis to life. EPs John Stephens and Danny Cannon have teamed up to write the story, and will both serve as executive producers on the new series. Stephens will write the screenplay for the actual pilot and Cannon is set to direct.

Metropolis has already been given a 13-episode order, and will debut on DC's exclusive streaming service. The company is aiming to debut the series in 2019. Production is set to begin later this year.

This will be the second live-action series to air on DC's upcoming service, joining the talked-about Titans project that is currently in production. The service is also set to produce an animated series based on Harley Quinn, and the highly-anticipated third installment of Young Justice, Outsiders.

Along with the announcement, DC and WBTV revealed the first teaser art for Metropolis, which you can see below.

This should be riveting :pachaha:

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gotham is described as one of the worst cities around and needed someone like Batman to make it better. Metropolis was already described as the city of tomorrow. Unless you do some sicfi feel to the story I don't see how interesting it can be without superman.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Gotham is described as one of the worst cities around and needed someone like Batman to make it better. Metropolis was already described as the city of tomorrow. Unless you do some sicfi feel to the story I don't see how interesting it can be without superman.
A news paper reporter in a city with mad scientists and techno gangs? Her father is involved in high level military experiments?

It's basically just doing a FRINGE type tv show if you build the supporting characters right.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A news paper reporter in a city with mad scientists and techno gangs? Her father is involved in high level military experiments?

It's basically just doing a FRINGE type tv show if you build the supporting characters right.
If it is like fringe then it could work. I can see luthor stopping an alien invasion which gives him motivation to distrust superman.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
If it is like fringe then it could work. I can see luthor stopping an alien invasion which gives him motivation to distrust superman.

Supposedly it's like Fringe/X-Files with Lois & Luthor as the Mulder & Scully except for the fact that they're probably forced to work together.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Its funny, with the berlanti verse DC had something decent going nothing major or risky they just knew to stay in their lane. Now we are seeing these other shows that are using the DC ips without the actual lead characters.

Krypton seemed dumb but this sounds worse. They better make luthor a chauvinist womanizing JR ewing type business tyc00n to serve as a counter to lois, who probably wont even be a character in her own right. I can see them just making her a walking feminist bumper sticker

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA

I figure Lex would save the city multiple times and end up with no credit or distrust cause of his last name. Then here comes Big Blue Boy Scout getting all the acclaim makes sense.

I just wonder how long they could keep them selves from showing a college age farm boy saving some bystanders in a video. Or Lex losing his hair in Smallville and going back and we glimpse familiar names and such.

Just stay away from the Lex and Lois relationship stuff.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I figure Lex would save the city multiple times and end up with no credit or distrust cause of his last name. Then here comes Big Blue Boy Scout getting all the acclaim makes sense.

I just wonder how long they could keep them selves from showing a college age farm boy saving some bystanders in a video. Or Lex losing his hair in Smallville and going back and we glimpse familiar names and such.

I haven’t watched Gotham since the third episode of season 1. How are they handling the young Bruce Wayne stuff? Does it seem like they are forcing anything?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You could make him like Tom strong (an adventure scientist). Only with the personality of Dr doom. The only mention of superman should be the time he went to smallvile and that Moran Clark Kent fukked up his experiment and caused him to lose his hair.