Albums Dave East - Survival (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Ok

I was in a Uber today making my way through The East Side and I saw a couple of posters for Dave on a 2 block radius. Super confusing...as a label what is the point of putting posters up right in front of where this guy is supposed to be from like people in that area wouldn’t be aware of what’s going on with him? That’s like politician campaigning heavy in his/her backyard instead of swing states I would have thought if they were going old school street team poster route they would have the whole Harlem lit up

It’s been years and it still feels like the label doesn’t know what to do with the boy

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Ok

I was in a Uber today making my way through The East Side and I saw a couple of posters for Dave on a 2 block radius. Super confusing...as a label what is the point of putting posters up right in front of where this guy is supposed to be from like people in that area wouldn’t be aware of what’s going on with him? That’s like politician campaigning heavy in his/her backyard instead of swing states I would have thought if they were going old school street team poster route they would have the whole Harlem lit up

It’s been years and it still feels like the label doesn’t know what to do with the boy
Def Jam does that for their new NY artists

Fetty Luciano and T.J. Porter have those up too

Y’all read too deep into things East is who he is I really don’t think Def Jam is having a damn crisis with him :heh:

El Jefe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Def jam ain't shxt b

Breeeh shouldnt have left Wayne tho I feel like breeh would have had a better plan mapped out

Daps
Def jam ain't shxt b

Breeeh shouldnt have left Wayne tho I feel like breeh would have had a better plan mapped out

Can’t blame Def Jam honestly

Son has been signed and on the scene for years now. The Elephant In The Room is his music isn’t connecting to the degree they maybe thought it would have. Son can’t make a single to save his life. If he had the ability to make music the masses were checking for he would have been had an album out. Eventually when it becomes apparent that it isn’t going to work out it becomes everybody’s fault but the artist. Label, Management etc

It’s a simple recipe

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Dave East will never be a superstar in this era y’all lol

East is too wordy, too street, and doesn’t have enough melody in his voice to be making hits in this climate look at the charts

This album will do like 25-30K first week and will be a solid body of work and he’ll tour heavily off it. For the modern day mainstream street rapper lane he does well. He already told y’all he ain’t it for hits. He just dropped a single with Max B in 2019 and his last project was a collab tape with Styles P :heh:

Yaddam Yussein

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Dave East will never be a superstar in this era y’all lol

East is too wordy, too street, and doesn’t have enough melody in his voice to be making hits in this climate look at the charts

This album will do like 25-30K first week and will be a solid body of work and he’ll tour heavily off it. For the modern day mainstream street rapper lane he does well. He already told y’all he ain’t it for hits. He just dropped a single with Max B in 2019 and his last project was a collab tape with Styles P :heh:
Meek is street and don’t have melodies and he the biggest rapper in the streets.

I honestly think East problem is production. He can rap better than a lot of people but his ear for beats ain’t as good as a Meek. Type of Time and Bipolar are the best beats he’s had, imo.