Dave Chappelle CBS Interview: Escaping Fame, Netflix, SNL, More

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I'm 99.9999999999999 sure they brought that idea to the table...

I think the ONLY reason Dave wouldn't do it at this point is because the OG has gained such legendary status that he wouldn't want to put the pressure on himself to live up that legacy. Also I'm not sure if he'd want to work with Neal Brennan again.

That said, I was thinking that the SNL skit with the characters was his way of testing the waters to see if the level of interest. Since his SNL skits were praised universally he might be tempted.

Who owns the rights to the characters?

He Who Posts Well

Superstar
Daps

I think the ONLY reason Dave wouldn't do it at this point is because the OG has gained such legendary status that he wouldn't want to put the pressure on himself to live up that legacy. Also I'm not sure if he'd want to work with Neal Brennan again.

That said, I was thinking that the SNL skit with the characters was his way of testing the waters to see if the level of interest. Since his SNL skits were praised universally he might be tempted.
Why wouldn't he want to work with Brennan? Did they have a falling out?

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown

If I'm not mistaken, Dave Chappelle and Brennan have been working together since, at least, last year's Oscars when Chris Rock hosted (writing together). They also collaborated with writing on the SNL Chappelle hosted.

They had a falling out, of course, but I believe they've been linking up for a bit now.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Phife Dawg/Purple Majestic GOAT:rip: makes the cypher complete:wow::to::damn: