Dave Chappelle CBS Interview: Escaping Fame, Netflix, SNL, More

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Happy for him. Got his mind right and recouped all he left on the table, while never selling out or compromising. Assuming the specials do well I wonder if Netflix will tempt him with a show? Hell I wonder if they already have some type of agreement that will be announced after the specials air.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Happy for him. Got his mind right and recouped all he left on the table, while never selling out or compromising. Assuming the specials do well I wonder if Netflix will tempt him with a show? Hell I wonder if they already have some type of agreement that will be announced after the specials air.

Dude if Dave wanted a show he could tweet a number and get it in an hour.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Dude if Dave wanted a show he could tweet a number and get it in an hour.

I mean, I'm sure Netflix asked him already. The question is whether he said no, or whether he said yes and it'll be announced at a later time.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Dude is wild smart. I really respect him as an artist and an intellectual. I mean, you gotta be smart to be a GOOD comedian, but breh is a genius in his own right.

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
so he says that he likes Key and Peele's show. But when he sees the credits of the show and sees the words "Created by Key and Peele", that's when he gets a lil' touchy about it...because that format and the ability to do something like that on Comedy Central was started by him, no doubt about it.

that makes sense to me. :manny:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

I'm 99.9999999999999 sure they brought that idea to the table...

I think the ONLY reason Dave wouldn't do it at this point is because the OG has gained such legendary status that he wouldn't want to put the pressure on himself to live up that legacy. Also I'm not sure if he'd want to work with Neal Brennan again.

That said, I was thinking that the SNL skit with the characters was his way of testing the waters to see if the level of interest. Since his SNL skits were praised universally he might be tempted.