Dark Side Of The Ring Producer Details How Social Media Has Hurt Wrestling

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Fans are fixated so much on the decisions of the people behind the scenes writing these storylines than they are losing themselves in the wrestling, which is what the whole point is. But also the writers aren’t doing a very good job of letting us lose ourselves in the magic of wrestling either, you know?

:snoop: Every Tuesday morning; "VINCE MCMAHON BACKSTAGE?! LAST MINUTE CHANGES?!"

Easy-E

I đź’—My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
He's not exactly wrong but I wouldn't say social media per se, moreso modern smark culture where everyone is fan of the performers as opposed to the characters and everyone has to have a belt.

My favorite wrestlers growing up were Stone Cold and The Rock

But, I fukked with Billy Gunn, Rodd Dogg, X-Pac, D-Lo Brown, APA, Edge and Christian, etc. etc.

These dude act like PR for one or two wrestlers and shyt

They can't even enjoy (for example) the Bloodline story because their guy don't have the strap

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
My favorite wrestlers growing up were Stone Cold and The Rock

But, I fukked with Billy Gunn, Rodd Dogg, X-Pac, D-Lo Brown, APA, Edge and Christian, etc. etc.

These dude act like PR for one or two wrestlers and shyt

They can't even enjoy (for example) the Bloodline story because their guy don't have the strap
It really highlights just how good this storyline is as well because they’re restored that feeling. You get one or two isolated marks here and there but the general feeling of the masses is that this is all time great. The marks have not been able to co opt their feelings into the general public’s thoughts like usual.