*DAPS+REPS* So I've been working out for approx 3 months and...

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Day 1 (Monday)
Upper Body

Exercise Sets Reps

Dumbell Bench Press 3 sets 8 reps - started with 25 pounds, now I'm at 50
Bent Barbell Row 3 sets 8 reps - started with 40 now I'm at 110
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press 3 sets 6-8 reps - started 20, now 37.5
Pec Dec 3 sec negative - 3 sets 8 reps - 120 pounds
V-Bar Lat Pull Down 3 sec negative - 3 sets 6-8 reps - 135 pounds
Side Lateral Raise 3 sets 6 reps - 20 pounds
Cable Tricep Extensions - 3 sets 8 reps - started at 30 or 40 now I'm at 80 pounds
Dumbell curl Curls - 3 sets 8 reps - 25 pounds (this one i've always had a problem increasing with proper technique)

Day 2 (Tuesday)

Lower Body

Exercise Sets Reps

Squats 3 sets 8 reps - Started at 60 pounds, now I'm at 195 (and unlike a lot of guys at the guy, I go pretty low... not that halfway shyt lol)
Stiff Leg Deadlifts 3 sets 6 reps - Started at 60 pounds, now I'm at 185
Leg press 3 sets 10 reps - 540 pounds
Leg Extensions - 3 sets 10 reps - 125 pounds
Leg Curl - 3 sets 10 reps - 125 pounds
Seated Calf Raise - 3 sets10 reps - 220 pounds

Damn that's some great progress on a lot of those:obama:

You should eat off noob gains for about a year. :blessed:

Make sure you are locking out on triceps exercises and you're extending your arms all the way at the top on pull down style exercises (v-bar in your plan).

You got that mind-muscle connection down yet?

Overall keep up the good work tho breh :salute:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Looking for feedback on my improvements and suggestions whether to switch up the routine, add, remove exercises. My goal is to gain muscle.

I workout out Monday-Friday except Wednesday is a rest day for weights, I just do treadmill for 30 mins (although I must admit I didn't for the last month until this past Sunday.. back on it though)

Day 1 (Monday)
Upper Body

Exercise Sets Reps

Bent Barbell Row 3 sets 8 reps - started with 40 now I'm at 90
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press 3 sets 6-8 reps - started 20, now 35
Pec Dec 3 sec negative - 3 sets 8 reps - 105 pounds
V-Bar Lat Pull Down 3 sec negative - 3 sets 6-8 reps - 120 pounds
Cable Tricep Extensions - 3 sets 8 reps - started at 30 or 40 now I'm at 60 pounds
Dumbell curl Curls - 3 sets 8 reps - 20 pounds (this one i've always had a problem increasing with proper technique)

Day 2 (Tuesday)

Lower Body

Exercise Sets Reps

Squats 3 sets 8 reps - Started at 60 pounds, now I'm at 165 (and unlike a lot of guys at the guy, I go pretty low... not that halfway shyt lol)
Stiff Leg Deadlifts 3 sets 6 reps - Started at 60 pounds, now I'm at 185
Leg press 3 sets 10 reps - 375 pounds
Leg Extensions - 3 sets 10 reps - 110 pounds
Leg Curl - 3 sets 10 reps - 100 pounds
Seated Calf Raise - 3 sets10 reps - 175 pounds

I end up doing 3 sets of planks for 1 min each, 3 sets ab crunches on the machine and another 3 sets of a different ab exercise at the end of the leg workout

Rest day, then repeat these 2 days again, then rest on the weekend.

Should I add another day of weights?

Is it necessary I do lower body workout twice a week? Upper body I continuously feel the increase in strength and find it more fulfilling, lower body I find boring, although very necessary, I feel doesn't require twice a week.

I see a significant difference in my chest and shoulders through my clothing but damn biceps I see no improvements.

Any feedback/suggestions are appreciated
You are doing all your upper body stuff in one workout twice a week: chest, back, bicep, and tricep. I like to break it up. But when you start out, you aren't really able to lift a lot for each body part so you can do all upper body muscle groups and it doesn't matter. Most exercises, do work all muscles with more focus on particular muscles.
chest:
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press 3 sets 6-8 reps - started 20, now 35
Pec Dec 3 sec negative - 3 sets 8 reps - 105 pounds
If you can add doing a barbell bench press (or even exercise machine bench press), that would be good. The barbell bench allows you to lift more since less secondary muscles are being used to balance the barbell, compared to dumbbell presses.

shoulder:
You could cut this out and replace it with military barbell press. Military press usually helps deltoid growth on a more massive scale. Don't do behind-the-neck military press.

back:
Bent Barbell Row 3 sets 8 reps - started with 40 now I'm at 90
V-Bar Lat Pull Down 3 sec negative - 3 sets 6-8 reps - 120 pounds
It's my opinion, but I would add closed-grip cable row and/or T-bar row.

bicep:
Dumbell curl Curls - 3 sets 8 reps - 20 pounds (this one i've always had a problem increasing with proper technique)
There are two heads of the bicep, the long head and the short head. When you fully extend the arm out and curl back from there, you are working the long head. When your arm is curled half way and you curl inward more, that works the short head of the bicep.
I would suggest that you add barbell curls (or E-Z curl bar if your wrists feel funny with the barbell curl) and do it on a preacher curl bench. This way, your upper arm is kept locked down on the bench and can remain steady while curling the bar up. You can't do cheat curls. You can also use dumbbells on the preacher curl bench to work the long head more if you don't have the discipline or strength to cheat curl each rep. A cheat curl is when you rock your upper body to get the bar curled up to get past the sticking point at the beginning of a curl allowing you to work the short-head of the bicep muscle more with higher weight.

tricep:
Cable Tricep Extensions - 3 sets 8 reps - started at 30 or 40 now I'm at 60 pounds
If you have a dip/pull-up assist machine, you could do assisted dips. If there is a dip machine, if you can find someone to assist you, you can dips where the assistance holds your feet up while you are on the upward-phase of the dip. Otherwise, skip it.

One thing to do is to break up your upper body exercises so you are working a particular body part one day. On your first upper body day, work chest and bicep and the other upper body day, work back and tricep. Then double your sets (like from 3 to 6) on those days, or add other exercises.