Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Linux/Mac/Windows/Xbox Series X|S/Xbox One/Switch/PS4/Vita)

Daps
a_1920_1200.jpg

Hope's Peak Academy is home to Japan's best and brightest high school students—the beacons of hope for the future. But that hope suddenly dies when Makoto Naegi and his classmates find themselves imprisoned in the school, cut off from the outside world and subject to the whims of a strange, murderous little bear named Monokuma. He pits the students against each other, promising freedom to anyone who can murder a fellow classmate and get away with it.
It's up to you to find out who Monokuma really is, and why you've been taken from the world you once knew. But be careful what you wish for—sometimes there’s nothing more deadly than the truth...

Key Features
  • Daily Life, Deadly Life: Trapped in a school-turned-prison, students are murdering each other one by one. You’ll have to investigate each incident, search for clues, and talk to your classmates to try and get to the bottom of each brutal case!

• Mock Trial: The nefarious Monokuma serves as judge, jury, and executioner as you engage in deadly wordplay, going back and forth with suspects, dissecting their statements and firing their words back at them to expose their lies!

• Popularity Contest: Sway classmates to your side in each investigation, squeezing information from them to figure out who did it. And when you do, turn up the heat in a variety of timing and reflex-based game systems to uncover the truth and save your skin!

• Steam Features: Supports Steam Achievements and Steam Cloud with plans to add Steam Trading Cards.

Danganronpa™: Trigger Happy Havoc

Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc on Steam

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I just started playing this. I had it on the Vita but I hate the Vita and this was 20% off on Steam. Game is weird as hell man. I had originally started watching the anime so I know the plot up to the first person that gets killed but I dropped the anime. Hopefully this is better than it was.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I just started playing this. I had it on the Vita but I hate the Vita and this was 20% off on Steam. Game is weird as hell man. I had originally started watching the anime so I know the plot up to the first person that gets killed but I dropped the anime. Hopefully this is better than it was.
The anime sucks. I just tried to watch it but honestly you should've played this first before watching. The game is way more in depth and fun. This is my favorite visual novel game after Zero Escape and Phoenix Wright.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The second one is out too. Both are in my top 10 backlog right now

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Down two people already. Game is twisted as hell. Kyouko and Celeste stand out as very suspicious to me too. I don't trust them hoes.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Not a fan of this trial mechanic at all. Especially when somebody there clearly solved the case beforehand and they basically make you present all the stuff anyway. If your life was on the line would you sit back and force someone else to present stuff you already know as if that stuff coming from them makes it more credible?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not a fan of this trial mechanic at all. Especially when somebody there clearly solved the case beforehand and they basically make you present all the stuff anyway. If your life was on the line would you sit back and force someone else to present stuff you already know as if that stuff coming from them makes it more credible?
Huh?? The other characters seem just as clueless as the player when you're on trial. Most of the time you're trying to find something odd or intriguing about someone's testimony and when you hit the right phrase, the trial continues. I never got the impression that someone knows everything and I'm just doing it because i have to. The only person that should know everything is the culprit him/herself. That person is hoping you fail to present evidence within the allotted time and graduate.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Huh?? The other characters seem just as clueless as the player when you're on trial. Most of the time you're trying to find something odd or intriguing about someone's testimony and when you hit the right phrase, the trial continues. I never got the impression that someone knows everything and I'm just doing it because i have to. The only person that should know everything is the culprit him/herself. That person is hoping you fail to present evidence within the allotted time and graduate.
There's a brainy chick that pretty much walks you through the first trial. She clearly already solved the case before hand but she walks you through and makes you present the evidence to everyone else.

I're reached some weird rhythm game point and I don't really understand it and it's very poorly explained. I keep failing it over and over again. It's silly because at this point the entire crime has been laid out in front of everyone and if they voted on it they'd have to be idiots to vote the way the game says they do when I fail it.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's a brainy chick that pretty much walks you through the first trial. She clearly already solved the case before hand but she walks you through and makes you present the evidence to everyone else.

I're reached some weird rhythm game point and I don't really understand it and it's very poorly explained. I keep failing it over and over again. It's silly because at this point the entire crime has been laid out in front of everyone and if they voted on it they'd have to be idiots to vote the way the game says they do when I fail it.
You'll find out in due time everyone's role. I have to say the executions in this game are :merchant:. Some of them just are :damn:. The story gets REALLY wacky towards the end. Great game but weird. The 2nd one is even crazier but I enjoyed them a lot.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
You'll find out in due time everyone's role. I have to say the executions in this game are :merchant:. Some of them just are :damn:. The story gets REALLY wacky towards the end. Great game but weird. The 2nd one is even crazier but I enjoyed them a lot.
The way the first person got killed was disgusting. It was like a twisted biblical type punishment.
Somehow I got past that weird mini game at the end of the trial. I still don't get it but whatever. I'll figure it out next go around.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The way the first person got killed was disgusting. It was like a twisted biblical type punishment.
Somehow I got past that weird mini game at the end of the trial. I still don't get it but whatever. I'll figure it out next go around.
You're playing Danganronpa 1 right?? The first death was Leon(the baseball player?) His shyt had me like :damn:

The game gets really interesting as it goes on though. I can't wait for part 3.