Damn, Imagine Growing Up Knowing Your Moms/Pops Went Out Like This

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
dude was testing the limits bragging about smashing jawn on wax tho..

Read more: Reggae singer gunned down at seedy Bronx hotel mocked his accused killer in a song * - NY Daily News

Reggae singer gunned down at seedy Bronx hotel mocked his accused killer in a song

The popular reggae singer gunned down with his secret girlfriend outside a seedy Bronx hotel had taunted his romantic rival and accused killer in song.
In “Nah Lef Joe,” released in 2010, Wayne Hamilton, 50, better known as Captain Barkey, sang of bedding a woman, then complaining in the chorus, “She tell me she nah lef Joe.”
Friends said the song was aimed at Joseph Kernizan, 42, the man cops are hunting for killing Hamilton and his lover Tracy Bennett early Saturday outside the Holiday Motel, where the doomed duo had booked a room.
“It’s a song about her not leaving Joe,” said Bennett’s longtime friend, who declined to give her name.
“He was begging her to leave Joe for a long time.”
People close to Hamilton had repeatedly cautioned him to break off the steamy affair, warning him that Kernizan was “a serious man,” dancehall artist Wickerman told Jamaican entertainment news site One876Entertainment Saturday.
Bennett and Hamilton were about to get in her white Toyota Camry after an apparent early morning tryst at the hot-sheets motel when cops say they were confronted by Kernizan, a music promoter on Long Island who went by the nickname “Country.”
“Don’t do it! Don’t do it!” Bennett wailed, witnesses said, as she and Hamilton were gunned down.

Bennett, a nurse at a Winthrop University Hospital in Mineola, L.I., had been dating the reggae star for five years, friends said.
Meanwhile, she struggled to leave Kernizan, the father of two of her three children.“He was so obsessed with her,” Bennett's friend said. As Bennett moved toward independence, even taking out an order of protection against Kernizan, he grew more enraged, the friend said.
“I know he wanted her dead — and the lover,” Bennett's friend said.
Other neighbors have said that police were frequently called to the house Kernizan and Bennett shared in Elmont. Hamilton, best known for his 1996 hit “Go Go Wine,” lived in Milwaukee with his wife, Mavis Hamilton.
She knew nothing about his affair with Bennett, even though he alluded to it in song. “Now that he’s dead, what can I do?” Mavis Hamilton, 48, said. “The memories that I’ll keep is the man that I know that loved me.” She left worried messages for him when she didn’t hear from him after taking him to the airport Friday for his New York trip.”

Hamilton started his reggae career in his native Jamaica, before moving to the U.S.. “He was the funniest, kindest, most loving person you would ever meet,” his wife said.
Bennett’s alleged killer is the father of her two younger children, a 12-year-old girl and 7-year-old boy. Her oldest child, her daughter Dajahnae, 18, rushed home from the University of Baltimore after learning her mom was dead. “She may have to drop out,” said the student’s anguished father, Andre, who declined to give his last name.”

“Cops described Kernizan as 5-foot-5 and 220 pounds. Tenants at a house he owned in Canarsie, Brooklyn, said he also owned a nearby barbershop, opened a club in West Hempstead, L.I., and owned four different cars.
“If he did it, this guy is very stupid,” said Laennec Germain, 73. “If you got money and she doesn’t want you, find another one.”

Tug life

I stay fly like a guillemot
Daps
Reppin
Harlem World
Gk40E.gif

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
Wow crazy man......RIP
I told y'all don't mess with married women bad karma

Bay Area

Raiders/Warriors/A's
Daps
Reppin
East Oakland
I dont condone murder but if my girl was cheating on me and the other guy knew she was in a relationship AND was mocking me I would be tempted to murk both of them too. It was a sad ending for everyone involved. RIP.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
It's sad, but when you mess with people's lives, things like this can happen. They were all adults who should have known better, now their children don't have parents and all for bullshyt. SMH

Emperor Sol

Knowledge and Wisdom
Daps
Reppin
CAN
Why would this fool make a song to mock the guy AND put his name him in it?

:snoop: