damn brehs... bein among/the first man in your fam to graduate college appreciation

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
That's bananas...its powerful moment. Do you think your gonna cry? (any of you that are the first)

i don't think so, but its always the chance. i aint cry went into a tantrum after i turned in my final assignment. just acted a damn fool, and i wasn't plannin or expectin to, it just came over me :manny:

Anybody else feel like this shyt places alotta pressure on you, especially from your female relatives?

Because most of the men in your family fell off :snoop:

not for me. i've always been the one to stand out, but i never felt any pressure. ironically i wish i had though, it took me 6 years to get here :wow: cuz i was so lost and unfocused/motivated. for a lil while i seriously considered droppin out, that kinda pressure woulda helped me put things into perspective and get my shyt together. i'm my own motivation now though. its no more games when i hit grad school :obama:

Tommy Fits

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
QUEENS NY
I was the first person on my dads side of the family just to graduate high school in 70+ years.

Olivia Pope

Banned
Daps
Reppin
City of Peace of Mind
Congrats Hun! I know the feeling is great...but knowing that most of your family members are college grads is a great feeling also....I'm not going to be the first of my grandmother grand babies graduating but at least I will be graduating.

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
ditto, never understand why people viewed graduating college as some huge milestone. Same with HS

especially considering the fact that the large majority of college graduates remain broke and in the hood

It's fun to shyt on people bettering themselves and hoping to improve their situation right breh? :rudy: :pachaha:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
ditto, never understand why people viewed graduating college as some huge milestone. Same with HS

especially considering the fact that the large majority of college graduates remain broke and in the hood
:ohhh: Oh word, then how come the majority of America doesn't have degrees?

Tom

Banned
Daps
Reppin
They see me trolling, they hating.....
It's fun to shyt on people bettering themselves and hoping to improve their situation right breh? :rudy: :pachaha:

nah, I'm just saying, i know alot of people with degrees who are still in the hood, my moms had a BA and yet I grew up in the ghetto b. I wish that having a degree automatically meant everything would be all gravy and successful but most of the time it doesn't.

shyt is almost equivalent to graduating from HS nowadays, some degrees obviously hold more weight than others tho, alot of us are just wasting dough on some BS degree that will never get us a job yet we feel like we've accomplished something just cause we got one? whatever makes u feel good about urself b, all ur really left with is a piece of paper to hang on the wall and mad debt most of the time.

:yeshrug:

I'm all for higher education/enlightenment, i just don't like the way the shyt is handled in our society and institutions tho, all they care about is milking these poor naive students for all their money selling them pipe dreams while throwing them out there into these markets were there are very little jobs, if any.

and If ur lucky enough to find a job you'll be spending the rest of ur life paying off student loans....

The fact that college education isn't free in the U.S is criminal,(especially when its free in parts of Europe and Cuba) but that's another discussion. It's all about business here, not the prosperity of the citizens

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
congrats man. thats quite an accomplishment. but dont stop grinding n plowing ur way now.

skies the limit. dont limit urself there. all u gotta see it. is ur among another class, just another fish in the sea.

keep grinding, keep working hard to success.