damn brehs... bein among/the first man in your fam to graduate college appreciation

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
so i'm graduatin in august. Drove up to my school yesterday to file my application and I never stopped to think about it but I suddenly realized :ohhh: i'm the first man in my immediate family, uncles and cousins etc to do it. We a pretty small group though so I started thinkin bout my extended family and damn :ohhh: :ohhh: I know for a fact none of my cousins in my generation had except for one a lil older that played ball. I wasn't sure about some of the older ones though. hit my moma up to ask and out've an entire family tree, multiple generations of men, i'm one of only three. the other guy is in his 60s.

I should prolly be hype and proud to beat the odds but honestly i'm pretty shocked by it. It just feels surreal :dwillhuh: i think it'll take time to really sink in. anybody else out there that can attest to this shyt??? :wow:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
:ohhh:

If I continue on the path I'm on, I'll be one of the males in my family that have graduated, along with two male cousins

This is the case for alot of black males sadly, it's like you're the only hope for the fam :to:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's bananas...its powerful moment. Do you think your gonna cry? (any of you that are the first)

Daps
Grats brehs. :myman:
I was thinkin about this the other day too, nobody in my family has gone or finished college.

congrats my dude. wish i wen there instead of the military

How come breh? I'm going to the military and plan to go to school after I get out.

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Oh don't get a nikka twisted. I love that shyt bc that shyt open up your world view. Once u partied in dubai, france, spain, england.... u never the same. It motivates you to have goals and make something of yourself and not be satisfied with mediocaty of the hood. But i always waned to experience college life nah i mean. living on campus being dumb and young breh.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Anybody else feel like this shyt places alotta pressure on you, especially from your female relatives?

Because most of the men in your family fell off :snoop:

• Dap
Reactions: YBE

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
Anybody else feel like this shyt places alotta pressure on you, especially from your female relatives?

My best friends older sister went to ucla and graduated from berkley wit honors,she set the bar high for him,he in his 6 year in CC,hes parents look at him like :usure: "fukk u waitn for?" I always tell him "she still a butch dyke tho":lolbron:

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA

I had this but mostly from my pops, we came here as refugee immigrants with no money and even though I look white, it's a complete cultural and religious shock. Glad I could do it for them and myself though :smugdraper:

AgentGrey

MeVsYou
Daps
Congrats, Im on my way :obama:

Engineering or IT for me tho,
but chances are ima drop out when some of these other
ventures pop off.