:damn: @ Arrow Tv Show

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I kept-up with Season 1 week-to week last season. The show was solid, but I didn't care enough to watch this season. But, I've been seeing the media, folks on social media, my favorite podcasters, & etc talk about how good the show has been this season. Since the show is now on winter break, I've caved and decided to catch-up.

:gladbron: I'm 4 episodes into the season & OMG! I did not know this show has stepped it's motherfukking game up this season. I feel sorry for "Agents of SHIELD", because their never gonna be able to use major characters from the comics like "Arrow" is able to do.

the first half of season 1 was basically a trial run, once the ratings were good cw/dc pumped more money into it and you can seee by the latter half of the season, and now season 2 you can tell the amount of money they are pumping into it as its one of cw highest rated shows

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
thank God for netflix, finished season 1 in like a month. This show is def slept on. I'm not sure why cats were saying the first season was weak, for the most part each ep left me feeling :ohlawd:
That season finale, there were like 3 characters that i really thought that were about to catch that L.
I like how they mix in the island mythos with the regular procedural eps, keeping the eps somewhat serialized. Honestly they could've made the island its own show, especially with all that shyt going on.

The toughest chick on that show was def shiva (that female detective. But cant sleep on felicity, when she put on that dress, i did peep a little pokemon back there :obama:. Plus u know she stays with them dirty thoughts with what be coming out her mouth. :takedat:

And that mob boss daughter (the one that came back with them crossbows is tough too)

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
you gonna love the rest then. I was 50 on season 1, season 2 was great and so far season 3 is shaping up to be even better. I was skeptical after smallville, but they didn't p*ssyfoot w/ these storylines.

:patrice:Based on what I've seen in the 1st 5 episodes of the current season so far, this shyt good enough enough for y'all to talk about on entertainment/TV segment of the Podcast. When y'all gonna start having a weekley "Arrow" discussion on the podcast?

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I watch it regularly just cause its a DC project and I do give CW shows a shot even though I should know better. Its good..but honestly its still has holes in it. I think the main thing it has going for it is its more comic book friendly than Smallville might have been but it still has some of the problems of that show in that the writing of the characters can be very one dimensional. I dont blame the actors with these shows because I've seen them excel when the script allows them to be candid but the show rarely does that. It also has an issue with the writing of the females. Laurel has been left with nothing to do cause they havent developed her and while everyone loves Felicity she also has been writing almost like architect stereotype geek girl. I dont expect most people to give a shyt about that, but having been a huge SV fan that was always something that bugged me and also where I disagreed with the fandom who just outright liked or hated each character, I thought it started with the writing and they could have done more.

What it does have going for it is that its action based and freely moves around to explore the more interesting street level based aspects of the DC Universe with people like Slade, Deadshot and the League being involved. I sorta understood and dug the idea that they initally wanted it to be reality based like Nolan's movies (Even though that also is a bit hacky) but they switched up that plan within 2 episodes and now have created a metahuman angle to open up the world. I did think that was a bit of a too convenient way of explaining things and catering too quick to fanservice rather than sticking to their inital plan of making the show grounded in reality. But I think they'll be able to get away with that and people calling it great for a few seasons. As long as they have lots of DC universe easter eggs and fanwank they'll be fine and no one will complain. I just wish they would have focused on more natural character development rather than take the easy Smallville way out. Still, I think most people here will dig it for that reason and ironically that's where it beat Agents of SHEILD. I think people expected that show to be far more heavy with he Marvel verse references and instead its more just a regular Joss Whedon show (Although for that reason I like it anyway despite people's issues) and Arrow will keep the heads tuned in for those little guest spots and fanservice moves. For better or worse.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Mmm-hmm. She's 1 of the major characters from the comics in this show & they've made her irrelevant this season.

They're saving her for the Sara reveal as well as her conflict in being in relationship with Brother Blood.