Dame Dash’s ‘Dear Frank’ Issues Continue With New Defamation Of Character Lawsuit

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Dame Dash has once again found himself on the wrong end of a lawsuit, as Dear Frank director Josh Webber has slapped him with a new defamation of character lawsuit for $4 million.

According to court documents obtained by HipHopDX, Webber — through his attorney, Christopher Brown of Brown & Rosen — initially filed the lawsuit in the Superior Court of California on April 25, but Dash wasn’t served until Tuesday (May 28).

Webber’s new lawsuit stems from Dash’s statements on the Earn Your Leisurepodcast back in March. According to Webber, Dash lied when he claimed that Webber “stole” from him by winning nearly $1 million in a lawsuit back in 2022.

“I had a judgment. And I knew this dikkhead Chris Brown (pause) and Josh Webber (pause) and Muddy Waters…Chris Brown the lawyer. I went through four trials with the same lawyer…What I lost was defamation because these guys trigger me and steal my shyt…you think there is freedom of speech, it’s really not…” he said on the podcast.

Webber claims that as a result of Dash’s lies, a $4 million contract to direct a movie starring Billy Bob Thornton and Scott Eastwood was cancelled — which is exactly what Webber is suing for.

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
"Webber claims that as a result of Dash’s lies, a $4 million contract to direct a movie starring Billy Bob Thornton and Scott Eastwood was cancelled — which is exactly what Webber is suing for."

This is such bullshyt. Theres no way anyone listening would believe Dame when he already lost a lawsuit. This guy lost the gig for another reason and wants to blame.dame

Brosef

I respect O.G. knowledge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Dame gonna go bankrupt or what
How's his motor oil doing

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
1otri4.jpg

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
"Webber claims that as a result of Dash’s lies, a $4 million contract to direct a movie starring Billy Bob Thornton and Scott Eastwood was cancelled — which is exactly what Webber is suing for."

This is such bullshyt. Theres no way anyone listening would believe Dame when he already lost a lawsuit. This guy lost the gig for another reason and wants to blame.dame

It's not about directly believing Dame but it is about the guy (Webber) having his name in negative press when you look him up, especially when it surrounds the stealing of ideas.

Even if he wins, it'll take a minute for his name to be clean enough to attach him to a project without fear someone is gonna pop up, like Dame, and say "Josh Webber stole XY and Z from me too!"

So yeah... you can lose gigs when people put dirt on your name. Even when it's not true or proven false. Other people will back away from you until the dust settles.

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
It's not about directly believing Dame but it is about the guy (Webber) having his name in negative press when you look him up, especially when it surrounds the stealing of ideas.

Even if he wins, it'll take a minute for his name to be clean enough to attach him to a project without fear someone is gonna pop up, like Dame, and say "Josh Webber stole XY and Z from me too!"

So yeah... you can lose gigs when people put dirt on your name. Even when it's not true or proven false. Other people will back away from you until the dust settles.

Just like the Monique situation

Street Knowledge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC

Wait a minute, Dame filed a police complaint against his child’s mother? Since when we go to the police? I thought we don’t do that in Harlem :patrice: