Dak is out, but we in the Fields of play- Dallas Cowboys 2020 season thread

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
FRISCO, Texas – Another day, another sign of change.

Mike McCarthy wasted no time putting his thumbprint on the image of this Cowboys team during his first year as head coach. Going all the way back to the depths of the offseason, there have been signs of change from the previous era.

Heading into his first game week with the Cowboys, McCarthy revealed another change when he revealed how the team would designate captains in 2020.

"We will have weekly captains," he said. "There will be three captains that will serve each week. That will be part of our team meeting on Saturday. That's where we'll let the team know who they are."

That's obviously a departure from the way things have worked here for the past decade. Under Jason Garrett, the Cowboys typically had a preseason vote on five captains – two offense, two defense and one special teams. Last year they actually had six, adding a second special teams captain to the mix.

Asked why he favored that approach, McCarthy said it will provide a chance for many of his players to develop leadership experience.

"I feel it's an opportunity for your full roster to experience -- it's an opportunity for leadership," he said. "There's a number of positive factors in my view of doing it that way."

This roster has no shortage of options for a captaincy vote. Dak Prescott and Zack Martin have been mainstays on offense in recent seasons, while DeMarcus Lawrence, Tyrone Crawford, Jaylon Smith and Sean Lee have all served as defensive captains in the past. Chris Jones was the team's special teams captain in 2019.

It stands to reason that we'll see many different captains under this format as the season goes along. McCarthy did point out, though, that if the Cowboys are good enough to make the postseason, they'll have an official vote on captains for the duration of the playoffs.

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
FRISCO, Texas – Another day, another sign of change.

Mike McCarthy wasted no time putting his thumbprint on the image of this Cowboys team during his first year as head coach. Going all the way back to the depths of the offseason, there have been signs of change from the previous era.

Heading into his first game week with the Cowboys, McCarthy revealed another change when he revealed how the team would designate captains in 2020.

"We will have weekly captains," he said. "There will be three captains that will serve each week. That will be part of our team meeting on Saturday. That's where we'll let the team know who they are."

That's obviously a departure from the way things have worked here for the past decade. Under Jason Garrett, the Cowboys typically had a preseason vote on five captains – two offense, two defense and one special teams. Last year they actually had six, adding a second special teams captain to the mix.

Asked why he favored that approach, McCarthy said it will provide a chance for many of his players to develop leadership experience.

"I feel it's an opportunity for your full roster to experience -- it's an opportunity for leadership," he said. "There's a number of positive factors in my view of doing it that way."

This roster has no shortage of options for a captaincy vote. Dak Prescott and Zack Martin have been mainstays on offense in recent seasons, while DeMarcus Lawrence, Tyrone Crawford, Jaylon Smith and Sean Lee have all served as defensive captains in the past. Chris Jones was the team's special teams captain in 2019.

It stands to reason that we'll see many different captains under this format as the season goes along. McCarthy did point out, though, that if the Cowboys are good enough to make the postseason, they'll have an official vote on captains for the duration of the playoffs.
Weekly Captains :mjtf:

im not a fan :unimpressed:

BlueHeffner

Veteran
Daps
I never liked the "leadership council". It created separation btw those players + Garrett and the rest of the team. I like this, it keeps everyone on their toes and rewards good performance. No favorites.
I get all that but this is a new era.

Some players arent meant to lead. Imagine a nikka like Amari being the captain for the week after a 200yd performance against the bum ass Giants :unimpressed:

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Carr can't play corner anymore. They signed him to play safety.

Brown is actually decent. I think he got lost in the scheme/coaching shuffle.

giphy.gif

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

If the coaching staff from last year was still here, Diggs would’ve been converted to safety and Chido would be starting :mjpls:

Carr was good before he came to Dallas and played better after he left.

The last great Corner Dallas had was Newman and he predated the Garrett era.

coaching makes a difference.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
We really rocking with Thompson? I remember Donovan Wilson ballin' i- is there a chance he might be a starter. Secondary is the most concerning unit but hopefully the "improved" dline wont have them covering all day.

Damn the first game really Sunday and we get the fukkin' night game smh

We get to see Philly lose