CW's THE FLASH Getting Own Pilot Rather Than ARROW Back-Door Pilot

Moose_Greyjoy

I DO Not Sow
Daps
:camby:I hate when they change the race of Marvel or DC characters in film/TV adaptation.
Me too normally, but at this point I don't care, because arrow is soooooooooo good and this would just further diversify the cast.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was on one site where a dude was arguing against it because it would mean that Wally West would no longer be ginger or get married to an Asian chick and have biracial kids.

Fukk em. If we are best for the role let us have that shyt.
tumblr_mqfyo8JPKk1snhjbvo1_400.gif

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
6kBL3ki.jpg

The CW's Flash pilot has added another member of Barry's super team.

Carlos Valdes — who currently is appearing on Broadway in Once — has joined the cast of the Arrow spinoff, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Glee alum Grant Gustin stars as Barry Allen/The Flash in the pilot, which will be an origin story similar to what producers did with Arrow. Barry, who appeared in Arrow's two-part winter finale, is described as a Central City assistant police forensic investigator who arrives in Starling City to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past.

Valdes will play the series regular role of Cisco Ramon, a mechanical engineering genius and the youngest member of the team of scientists at STAR Labs. Born into a lower-income family, Cisco's brains and talent helped him reach his potential. He is loyal and eager and provides the comic relief in contrast to his stiff co-workers. Best part: He is as much of a comic book fanboy as Barry.

a7aiGkM.jpg

Valdes joins a cast that includes Candice Patton as Iris, the daughter of Detective West (Jesse L. Martin) and a love interest for Barry; Danielle Panabaker as Caitlin Snow, a bioengineering expert; and Rick Cosnett as Detective Eddie Thawne. This leaves only two regular roles left for Flash to cast: Harrison Wells and Hartley Rathaway.

The Flash project, from Warner Bros. Television, started as a backdoor pilot, with the third episode slated to air in the back half of Arrow's second season. The CW now will film Flash as a stand-alone pilot in a bid to launch "with a bang like we launched Arrow," CW president Mark Pedowitz told reporters last month at the TCA winter press tour.

Arrow co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg as well as director David Nutter are behind the potential spinoff. Berlanti, Kreisberg and DC Entertainment's Geoff Johns — a writer-consultant on Arrow — will pen the script for Warner Bros. Television. Nutter — who helmed the Arrow pilot — will also direct.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cws-flash-adds-broadway-player-677094
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So they are adding the Pied Piper (Hartley Rathaway is the Piper's real name in the comics) to this show's cast too?

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
i love hwo cw diversifies the cast

arrow had diggle (black), arrows mom was married to a black man etc.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I like the diversity they going for but even with Arrow, they are still strains of some of the past CW's writing flaws which hopefully wont be carried over to this new show

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I like the diversity they going for but even with Arrow, they are still strains of some of the past CW's writing flaws which hopefully wont be carried over to this new show
Those aren't flaws breh its just the way cw shows are. Every cw show is structured the same way. Gotta learn to live with it :yeshrug: