CW's THE FLASH Getting Own Pilot Rather Than ARROW Back-Door Pilot

IronFist

⛩️ 18 Arhat ⛩️
Supporter
Daps
While Barry Allen is still appearing on two episodes of Arrow, namely episodes 8 and 9, scheduled for December 4, 2013 and December 11, 2013, Grant Gustin's man-who-will-become The Flash will no longer be back for a backdoor pilot late in season two. Instead, The Flash will have a full standalone pilot of his own, according to Deadline.

The move is reportedly seen as a positive sign for The Flash to receive a series order from The CW, spinning out of the successful Arrow. The latter series has been rapidly introducing elements from the DC Comics universe it is based upon, with heroes and villains alike from throughout joining Oliver Queen on the small screen.

Geoff Johns, DC Entertainment's Chief Creative Officer, writer for Arrow and longtime writer of the comic book version of The Flash will write the new standalone pilot with Arrow co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg. David Nutter, who directed the Arrow pilot, will direct The Flash as well.

A standalone pilot comes about reportedly because of the positive reception from within the studios for the December Arrow two-parter introducing Gustin as Barry Allen. While a backdoor pilot would have to serve the character of Oliver Queen and the ongoing story of Arrow, a standalone allows the focus to be put solely on Barry Allen and his new supporting cast of characters.

The downside for fans is that we'll no longer get to see The Flash's debut in his own Central City locale this spring, instead having to wait for the (hopefully) fall debuting series.

http://www.newsarama.com/19604-cw-s...-pilot-rather-than-arrow-back-door-pilot.html

McPiff

#goat
Daps
How is Arrow though? I have to admit, I did not watch because most CW shows re garbage. I see it's available on Netflix streaming. If people say it's good, I'll give it a look.

That shyt looks nothing like a cw show. ITs piff on piff on piff.

And if you re a comic head, you re gonna be :noah: @ all the references they throw in this shyt

Daps
Reppin
The Ghetto of Oz
I'm not a comic head...but Arrow isn't bad it's currently way better than the Marvel shield show which has to be about 19 mins from cancelation

I've prolly watched about this 6-7 eps of Arrow. Something about it irritates me slightly. ...i cant put my finger on it...maybe i just dont care about this character. .but I'm still watching.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
1zF1eC9.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Candice Patton (The Game) has been cast opposite Grant Gustin and Jesse L. Martin in the CW pilot The Flash, based on the DC comic. The project, from Warner Bros TV and Berlanti Productions, is an origin story about Barry Allen aka The Flash (Gustin), a Central City assistant police forensics investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. Patton, repped by Stone Manners Salners Agency and Cirrincione & Associates, will play Iris West, Allen’s fast-talking, quick-witted best friend who is also the daughter of Detective West (Martin), who serves as a surrogate father to Barry. Patton joins recently cast Rick Cosnett and Danielle Panabaker.

http://m.deadline.com/2014/02/candice-patton-flash-pilot-cw/

:ehh:

Jigganaut

Sick of you nigg@s
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hampton VA Pull up
1zF1eC9.jpg

EXCLUSIVE: Candice Patton (The Game) has been cast opposite Grant Gustin and Jesse L. Martin in the CW pilot The Flash, based on the DC comic. The project, from Warner Bros TV and Berlanti Productions, is an origin story about Barry Allen aka The Flash (Gustin), a Central City assistant police forensics investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. Patton, repped by Stone Manners Salners Agency and Cirrincione & Associates, will play Iris West, Allen’s fast-talking, quick-witted best friend who is also the daughter of Detective West (Martin), who serves as a surrogate father to Barry. Patton joins recently cast Rick Cosnett and Danielle Panabaker.

http://m.deadline.com/2014/02/candice-patton-flash-pilot-cw/

:ehh:
They making the West family black??? Wow!!!!

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
How is Arrow though? I have to admit, I did not watch because most CW shows re garbage. I see it's available on Netflix streaming. If people say it's good, I'll give it a look.
do it, i got caught up with it on netflix, and went through the first season in a couple of days. It has an interesting dynamic, with basically 2 story lines going on at the same time.