“Cutthroat business, Our Defense Lifted/What is it, THE WINGS?!?" Official 2024 NY Knicks Thread

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
They can bring Precious back using bird rights and they have a taxpayer MLE that is 2 years for $5 million.

they might plug Precious in as the center or they might trade McBride for one and then use their MLE to sign one. There are a lot of decent backup PGs still on the market. Lowry, Fultz, Beverly, Payne, Dimwiddie, Dennis Smith Jr, Patty Mills.
What would it take to just get Claxton instead?

Either way Knicks are high on some new rookie center. May start over precious.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
What would it take to just get Claxton instead?

Either way Knicks are high on some new rookie center. May start over precious.
Claxton is not gonna happen because he is making way too much. I think they are gonna make that trade for Kessler or Richards. They need someone on a cheap deal, who’s shown they can play 20+ minutes a night & having full bird rights to avoid another IHart scenario. When you add it up it makes the potential cost worth it.

I can see them sending out some combination of those 2 protected first and McBride. PG going to Philly and the Celtics being the Celtics, shyt could get real spooky if Mitch misses even 20 games. They are going to get another Center before the season starts.

Last edited:

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
What’s up with Robert Williams? The healthy version of him is elite defensively, elite rim runner, and he’s got some passing chops.

People keep saying Nick Richards but his defensive IQ isn’t like that he can get lost in the middle, he goaltends a ton (26 last year, 11 more than second place), and he fouls a lot (4.1 fouls per 36 minutes career).

I’m fine with resigning Precious who’s honestly being disrespected by the fanbase with his bird rights and then bringing in a vet like Kyle Lowry with the minimum. We can re-assess the center position later in the season.

Last edited:

RickyGQ

No nikkas!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
What’s up with Robert Williams? The healthy version of him is elite defensively, elite rim runner, and he’s got some passing chops.

People keep saying Nick Richards but his defensive IQ isn’t like that he can get lost in the middle, he goaltends a ton (26 last year, 11 more than second place), and he fouls a lot (4.1 fouls per 36 minutes).

I’m fine with resigning Precious who’s honestly being disrespected by the fanbase with his bird rights and then bringing in a vet like Kyle Lowry with the minimum. We can re-assess the center position later in the season.

We just need a body man.

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

People keep saying Nick Richards but his defensive IQ isn’t like that he can get lost in the middle, he goaltends a ton (26 last year, 11 more than second place), and he fouls a lot (4.1 fouls per 36 minutes).

Time Lord is an even bigger injury red flag than Mitch. No thanks.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
We just need a body man.
Precious was a solid rim protector, switchable big, menace on the O boards (4.3 per 36 minutes), willing to step out and shoot. His hands, touch, and IQ on offense isn’t the best but dude plays hard and is cheap and still only 24. Knicks fans selling him short and dissing him after he held us down for stretches he’s a capable rotation big in the league.

How much better is Nick Richards really Precious was arguably better last season and you have to trade assets to get him from Charlotte.