Cut weight

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was listening to an interview and homie said a fight cut 20plus pounds in less than a week. how do i achieve this.

I wanna cut wieght then start my diet.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Wear a trash bag. Run fast for many minutes.

But why not just cut WITH your diet. This kind of cut is temporary.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
That are manipulating water levels through loading sodium and then decreasing it.
The goal there is to be a certain weight for a few hours on a particular day. After that they put the weight right back on by rehydrating.

Almost nothing about a fight week cut is sustainable for long term weight loss. They torture themselves to make it happen.

There wouldn't be any benefit for you doing this.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was listening to an interview and homie said a fight cut 20plus pounds in less than a week. how do i achieve this.

Don't listen to whoever was in that interview,
Start a healthy diet, and "cut" through working out, and sticking to your diet.
What homie lost that week was probably a combination of needed water-weight, fat mass, and, muscle mass.
The shyt wasn't healthy by any means, dude is out here shearing off years of his life.
Lose weight the right way, your body will thank you :ufdup:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago

A fighter cuts water weight, as soon as they dehydrate themselves, sweat the weight off, and get on the scale they'll gain it right back after consuming water. For a very short term weight loss solution that's cool but if you aren't trying to make a weight for a fight then it's pointless

You want to cut / burn fat and that's a longer term thing. Start by improving your diet and cutting out unnecessary calories. Get in the gym or on a track and start doing cardio 4+ times a week, at least 20 minutes because that's the amount of time it takes on average for you're body to start burning through fat reserves. Start weight lifting, moderate weight with short rest periods and find a split or training routine that works for you and with your schedule

Stay consistent. Calories you consume < calories you burn so find a rough estimate of your basal metabolic rate and add what you burn from working out to get how many calories you need to stay under for the day

Edit: you can also supp a caffiene stack prior to working out and throughout the day to marginally increase the calories you burn but with any thermogenic find out how your body will respond by starting with lower doses than raising them as you feel more comfortable with it

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
This is terrible advice for burning fat and I cringe when I see people wearing garbage suits at the gym
I think he was joking.

I saw a guy with something along those lines this morning. In mind I'm thinking are you not going to drink water again? That said he might have weigh-in or was trying to sweat out something for a reason :manny:

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I think he was joking.

I saw a guy with something along those lines this morning. In mind I'm thinking are you not going to drink water again? That said he might have weigh-in or was trying to sweat out something for a reason :manny:

I don't know but I see fat ass blobs with those garbage suits at the gym all the time.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Dude either lied or is fukking sickly. You never, ever want to drop that much that quick man. fukk around and die to look good for these hoes :heh:
I believe it. They were talking to dana white about this fight coming up and he has to loose 15-20 lbs.

They said chele sonning (sp) lost 25lbs. Once for a fight.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A fighter cuts water weight, as soon as they dehydrate themselves, sweat the weight off, and get on the scale they'll gain it right back after consuming water. For a very short term weight loss solution that's cool but if you aren't trying to make a weight for a fight then it's pointless

You want to cut / burn fat and that's a longer term thing. Start by improving your diet and cutting out unnecessary calories. Get in the gym or on a track and start doing cardio 4+ times a week, at least 20 minutes because that's the amount of time it takes on average for you're body to start burning through fat reserves. Start weight lifting, moderate weight with short rest periods and find a split or training routine that works for you and with your schedule

Stay consistent. Calories you consume < calories you burn so find a rough estimate of your basal metabolic rate and add what you burn from working out to get how many calories you need to stay under for the day

Edit: you can also supp a caffiene stack prior to working out and throughout the day to marginally increase the calories you burn but with any thermogenic find out how your body will respond by starting with lower doses than raising them as you feel more comfortable with it
shyt is hard with increse work load and kids to care for. But you are right i gotta find some way.

But if its just water it would make a difference, seeing as i also need to up my water levels any way.

Thanks brehs.

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
shyt is hard with increse work load and kids to care for. But you are right i gotta find some way.

But if its just water it would make a difference, seeing as i also need to up my water levels any way.

Thanks brehs.

I'm a trainer and I hear this all the time. And like what was said in this thread, you don't actually "lose" the water weight, you just borrow it from water stores in your cells until you rehydrate and replenish those stores

Breh you always find time for the things in life you need to make time for. The best thing your kids can have is a healthy father and a healthy father that sets a standard for them to live by

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh you always find time for the things in life you need to make time for. The best thing your kids can have is a healthy father and a healthy father that sets a standard for them to live by
Got dam you right. Amd i know that thats why iwas asking. Just tryna get back in the swing and was looking for a short cut but yall set me straight.

What about jumping rope as a substitute for cardio?

Luck

The one true gym gawd...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Got dam you right. Amd i know that thats why iwas asking. Just tryna get back in the swing and was looking for a short cut but yall set me straight.

What about jumping rope as a substitute for cardio?

That's cardio and that's a very good type of it at that. Any constant activity that elevates your heart rate is considered cardio