Customers spent big money on solar panels, they don't work, and installer has filed for bankruptcy

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
:francis:

An energy audit costs about $100, and is free if you qualify. We NEVER suggest solar panels because the savings don't justify the expense in most cases. He'd have been better-off air-sealing/insulating his home and (probably) upgrading his heating/AC/domestic hot water for a fraction of what he paid for that array.​
Especially in climates where temperatures are seasonal and not extreme throughout most of the year. Perhaps in Arizona or southern Nevada it may be viable.

Big waste of money of you ask me.

Also, them shyts are ugly. They look like repair patches on a roof.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Are you one of those ac mfs or something? A hippy? A captain planet type of mf
I'm a Certified Energy Auditor. I work with utility companies, contractors, and Local/State/Federal agencies to assist consumers in keeping their energy costs as low as possible.​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
Especially in climates where temperatures are seasonal and not extreme throughout most of the year.

Big waste of money of you ask me.

Also, them shyts are ugly. They look like repair patches on a roof.
The absolute best places for solar panels, in America, are in the Midwest/Southwest where <5% of the population lives.​

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
What you are asking is somewhat how utilities use to be (significantly smaller utility companies), but because of all of the inefficiencies and reliability issues the government essential forced utility mergers to improve reliability

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
You'd expend more time/energy trying to stay 'independent' than just being on the grid.​

Depends on what you value I guess, I'd take that exchange of time/energy for peace of mind. Couple years ago I had my power shut off in Oregon because of the wildfires, then no power for 2 days because of the snowstorm. 2 outages in the last year here in the sw, aside from my personal ideological reasons, it'd be nice to not have to deal with that anymore.
I don't think it's an 'insane' alternative to be interested in:yeshrug:

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Damn they got fukked over.
fukking with them so' boys/ you gon' get fukked over

chief-keef.gif

Wildhundreds

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That's been my occupation for 20 years.

Educating people on energy usage/conservation is an industry that needs more Black people.

You are 100000000% correct here..

My question still stands.. Who's going to put in the time to self educate themselves, or even diligently go to a class and learn about it?

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
#respect

How do you get in to that type of career if you don't mind my asking?
Every County in almost every State has a Weatherization Program that gets funding from the Department of Energy. They are always looking for installers/trainees.​

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Daps
Reppin
You are 100000000% correct here..

My question still stands.. Who's going to put in the time to self educate themselves, or even diligently go to a class and learn about it?
There's thousands of us doing it right now. Not just us, but also most HVAC, plumbing, electrical, and general contractors across America.​