Curren$y & Harry Fraud - The Marina EP (Discussion Thread)

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I feel the same way. This is OK but I'll never listen to anything on it again except for maybe Scarab 38 and On The Water. Man I'm just gonna say it..Le$ has filled in the spot as far as dropping quality projects. This isn't touching Cigarrette Boats and he made us wait 2 years for this....If Back To Burnies is anything like this....I don't know man:francis:
This Le$ is better than Curren$y argument that’s permeating on here is becoming the official go to for Spitta contrarians. This shyt knocks but it might just not be for you

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This Le$ is better than Curren$y argument that’s permeating on here is becoming the official go to for Spitta contrarians. This shyt knocks but it might just not be for you
Spitta not as dope and as consistent to what he was at his peak era imo(this EP is dope tho), but Le$ just not that interesting to me as a rapper. Both rap about the same subjects/lifestyle but you could mix and match Le$'s verses to different beats on his albums and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. All his shyt delivered the same.

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
After giving this a couple of listens this is uninspired and pretty average.

straightcash

All Star
Daps
french's verse was trash on Modena Moves as I predicted nikka :stopitslime:

How sway? shyt was tough, its the mixing that was poor. The rhymes were dope if you followed the references—which always get overlooked when it comes to French.

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Curren$y needs to link up with Dame Grease.
Why my nikka Grease always get left out even though everyone dikkride his work from yesteryear? Everyone say they love DMX and Max B, but those same rappers I ain't ever seen jump on Grease production.

Facts. DZA and Spitta always make fire together r

Smoke DZA is lazy. Always talking the same shyt and modern wrestling references. The old stuff is cool cuz wrestling actually used to be good back in the day, but since like 2008 its been ass. Note how almost everyone who overdoes it with the wrestling refs can't get a hit, it adds to their corny vibe. Wale is a prime example. He wasn't seen as corny, and not everyone bytching on Twitter is either, but a combination of things made him look wack.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
How sway? shyt was tough, its the mixing that was poor. The rhymes were dope if you followed the references—which always get overlooked when it comes to French.

Dr king had a dream but he ain't tell you it was a nightmare

That's hard to you?

Last edited:

straightcash

All Star
Daps
Dr king had a dream but he ain't tell you it was a nightmare

That's hard to you?

The overall verse had had an inspirational message. Nothing worth overthinking, but you makin it seem like it was ass. French has some guest verses that are weak but this wasn't one of 'em. Rappers nowadays don't even have references just random bars about trapping and doing drugs. Half the time they ain't even moved a pack either.

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
The overall verse had had an inspirational message. Nothing worth overthinking, but you makin it seem like it was ass. French has some guest verses that are weak but this wasn't one of 'em. Rappers nowadays don't even have references just random bars about trapping and doing drugs. Half the time they ain't even moved a pack either.

french raps like he has marbles in his mouth on that joint :snoop:

he has had some good verses tho

straightcash

All Star
Daps
french raps like he has marbles in his mouth on that joint :snoop:

he has had some good verses tho

I didn't like it the first time i heard it, but then when I followed the lines just chalked it up to the mixing 'cuz the bars are actually good. The flow could have been better, but French gets lazy on features sometimes. Besides the occasional tracks where he spazes out, which are usually one or two a year, I miss the old pre-2015 French. He sounds hella dope when he's on his drunken soulful shyt tho, listen to THE APPETIZER EP. It's stuff like that the flow can be optimized to his benefit.

SemiEnlightenedBum

The Project's Manly P Hall
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I'm Hard Like D-Block Readin The Book Of Enoch...
makes you wanna lounge on a sailboat with a ice shatter blunt,some champagne,and a gram or two of yowda or a xannie or two in some Polo&some fly boatshoes and fly stunna shades and just lay out with your hands behind your neck like time doesn't exist..:ahh:

when he crashes those light wave sounds in a few songs&the marina horn you just get chill,i mean for me curren$y is my top chill emcee right noww,his voice is just relaxing to me(pawwwse if applicable),whoever he uses he has a great ear for beats,but him and Fraud are special,this,Cigarette Boats,and the Stage are all hella dope..

if i want a lil more grimy Spitta i usually throw on either of the Alc mixtapes..

but him and Fraud right now..just magnifique:ohlawd: