Curren$y & Harry Fraud - The Marina EP (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This is Spitta's best project in a while. Glad he got back to basics.

I still need that Covert Coup 2
We got covert coup 2. It was called Carrollton heist. Check it out. It’s dope. 10 more solid spitta and alc joints. It dropped in 2016.

Unless you mean a third project with them actually called covert coup 2. In which case yeah I want a new project with them also.

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im in work but I should be out in the sun with a joint relaxing to this :damn:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
We got covert coup 2. It was called Carrollton heist. Check it out. It’s dope. 10 more solid spitta and alc joints. It dropped in 2016.

Unless you mean a third project with them actually called covert coup 2. In which case yeah I want a new project with them also.

This i what I mean. I've listned to Carlton Heist but the vibes weren't quite like Covert Coup.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This i what I mean. I've listned to Carlton Heist but the vibes weren't quite like Covert Coup.
Yeah, my take away is that CH had a more consistent sound, but CC has highs that hit harder than anything on CH.

Honestly, CC was a lightning in a bottle moment that won't be repeated. It's arguably Alchemist's best set of beats that he's ever used for a single artist. A lot of people will put Return of the Mac or Albert Einstein ahead of it, but many people have CC at #1. That set off the era of Alchemist doing entire projects with people, and looking at his entire crazy ass run from 2011-2014 where he was dropping a project basically every quarter, I still don't think he dropped any set of beats as dope as what he did on CC.