Curb Your Enthusiam Season 9 Official Thread

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
Rewatched S5E2 “The Bowtie” and this little exchange after LD interrupts Omar Jones’ (Mekhi Phifer) praying to Allah on his prayer rug got me :mjlol:

OJ: Listen, Mr. David - Look at the way you fold that up.
LD: It's like a yoga mat, huh? :ld:
OJ: I just want you to know that Muslims are a very forgiving people.
LD: They are? :ld:
OJ: Yes we are. We're very forgiving.
LD: Really? :ld: Huh.

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I just binged the season. Pretty hilarious overall. Don't think its as good as Seasons 6, 7, or 8, but still pretty solid.

Favorite scene: Larry yelling at the kid telling him he's gonna have sex with his mother. The music, and the way he walks up there and throws the guitar, was laughing for like 5 minutes :laff:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was on a 16 hour flight from South Africa and I decided rewatch season 9 again. I enjoyed it so much more during the rewatch.

I think I was too critical when I watched it earlier this year. Maybe because the show had been gone so long. Whatever the reason, I apologize to the gawd.

I was laughing so hard, I was waking people up on the flight.

I mean just the image of Larry in that ridiculous disguise is so fukking funny. The Larry look alike that Mary was dating :mjlol:

His battle with Lin Manuel was up there with his battles with Jason Alexander and Michael J Fox.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cheryl and Ted weren't even needed this season. Should've given their screen time to the Funk Man. :martin:

I think you gotta have Ted Danson on the show. He has this holier than though attitude towards Larry that cracks me up.

Come to think about it, LD has had it in for Ted Danson since Seinfeld...when George was disgusted by the money NBC offered them for the pilot when he knew how much Ted Danson was getting paid.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I think you gotta have Ted Danson on the show. He has this holier than though attitude towards Larry that cracks me up.

Come to think about it, LD has had it in for Ted Danson since Seinfeld...when George was disgusted by the money NBC offered them for the pilot when he knew how much Ted Danson was getting paid.
He's cool, but Funk > Ted. :ld:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was on a 16 hour flight from South Africa and I decided rewatch season 9 again. I enjoyed it so much more during the rewatch.

I think I was too critical when I watched it earlier this year. Maybe because the show had been gone so long. Whatever the reason, I apologize to the gawd.

I was laughing so hard, I was waking people up on the flight.

I mean just the image of Larry in that ridiculous disguise is so fukking funny. The Larry look alike that Mary was dating :mjlol:

His battle with Lin Manuel was up there with his battles with Jason Alexander and Michael J Fox.

The race to the high seat:mjlol:

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
I watched 'The Pants Tent' a couple of days ago for the first time in ages. I can see why I fell in love with this show.

It was shown at midnight one night a loooong time ago on BBC4 here in the UK. I think 2000/2001. I had just been watching something and went to change the channel when the continuity announcer said "new comedy from one of the brains behind Seinfeld". Having seen a few Seinfeld I was intrigued. Watched the first 2 episodes that night and saw something superb.

A year or so later I was out shopping and saw S1 on DVD for £40. Expensive at the time but I had missed 1 or 2 so went for it. Walked into Virgin next door and they had a S1&2 box set for £45! Annoyed, I made up some bullshyt story, took S1 back to HMV next door, got a refund then went for the S1&2 boxset. Binged it all that weekend.

I've always found American comedy to be occasionally good but suffers from audience laughter massively and with having such a high episode count per series(not season because I'm not American) detremintal to the output. 20+ is the standard in US. 6 episodes for a comedy is the norm in the UK. You get brilliance across 6 weeks rather than the 26 of American shows spread out.

Curb hits that perfectly. 10 per series. Well written, not done by a writers room. High quality, funny, observant etc.

There are obviously exceptions to my rule of all us comedy is excessive and has a low hit rate. Curb is certainly not one of them.

Anyway, it's fantastic to see how far this show has came with still retaining many of the elements which make it as brilliant as it is. Defo going to watch a couple of episodes a week to tide me over till the one at the end of the year/early next.

Larry David is a superb observasionalist and writer. Sour Grapes & Clear History. What's the opinion of them on here? Would be interested to know.

Anyway. There's a ramble for you.