Culture check: Are you willing to buy music?

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
No I will only subscribe to a streaming service at this point it's no going back.
Do you really enjoy music? Or are you just casual? Do you have a artist you really enjoy?

Better yet, are all your favorite artists mainstream and receive good money from streams?

All Knowledge

Speak up...
Daps
Reppin
Belo Horizante
I have, but not anymore unless its really rare, but youtube generally keeps me fed in that regard, but recently?Nah not really in digital form. A few years ago I would go to regional swap-meets to peruse and buy vinyl. I'm too lazy to buy digital music, unless its an artist I really dig

PatCake

Alkali Nonmetals
Daps
Reppin
I, for one, welcome our new space overlords.
Yes I would buy music for a local artist. You know? The one in which you know the $10 is going straight to the artist and about half of it is theirs. I will never pay for a big label artist again because the artist I care for only gets cents and the rest of the $9.70 goes to the suits.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I’m buying albums I love on vinyl. Definitely buy the old stuff, but I bought albums from Santigold, Sound and Color from the Alabama Shakes, etc.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
The purpose of this thread is I'm trying to get a pulse for a venture I'm doing. A venture designed for older artists as well as artists who aren't mainstream.

The aforementioned artists need a hand up, or assistance. They can't get a fair shake from streams. Of course there is show money, but i believe an artist should receive fair compensation from a good album by itself with just sales.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
I bought a bunch the last month or so. Both Bruiser Wolf albums, Knxwledge's latest house album, Santa Barbara by Fat Ray, Generational Curse by Icecoldbishop